 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2658
Re: Freeze!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 2006 02:55:58 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Dave Schuler wrote:
   Apocryphal Ice Planet 2002

Check out the first sample here.

Hmmm. First, 3 question:

1. What does “apocryphal” mean?

Jeez! When you ask it point-blank like that, you make me wonder if I’ve been misusing it all this time. My usage is a usurpation of the term as it applies to the non-canonical books of the bible (the Gospel of Charlie, the Book of Tasty Recipes, and the like), but my designs and pieces are “apocryphal” to the canonical LDraw library (and, for that matter, to LEGO MOC-dom in general).

   2. Where did you get your design inspiration?

Whoa! Shock-and-awning! I swear, I never saw that image until you brought it to my attention, and any suggestions to the contrary are vicious, vicious lies!

   All seriousness aside, I can only admire your dedication to clone world. You definitely march to the beat of a different drum, Dave!

Thanks kindly! I’ve found a niche, and I hope to stick with it.

   On to the critique: This is a nice little ship, presumably scout class, and easily identified in ICMMII color scheme. Or perhaps a spy ship, infiltrating the home world on reconnaissance for nefarious purposes? Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.

Well, practice makes perfect. Honestly, after I’d designed it, I realized that I hadn’t included any weapons. So a scout it is!

   I look forward to seeing subsequent offerings; maybe something larger and more intimidating:-d

Mega Bloks has a 10x2x8 windscreen in trans-orange that I hope to incorporate into a big ol’ IPMMII MOC at some point. Stay tuned (for an indefinite length of time...)

   ...“blocks of ice” You’re incorrigible, Dave!

nyuk nyuk nyuk

Dave!