 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2665
Re: Old clone "Byggefix"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 3 Feb 2006 01:21:20 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Arne Lykke Nielsen wrote:
Hi,

I recently acquired this:

I'm not sure the bricks pictured really belong to the box.

The box is without date, but judging by the design it could be late 50ties or
early 60ties.

It's Danish, inscibed with "Bengros" and "Dessin Nr. 5450" and "Sortimentæske
A".

I have never seen this before, or read about it anywhere (despite being Danish
myself).

Does anybody on this board have any information about this clone brand?

A merry Christmas to all of you from Copenhagen,

Arne

The pieces are windows, doors and tiles from Block City, made by Tri-Star/Block
City Inc in Hopkinsville, Kentucky, USA.

I don't see any bricks in your photo. They made mostly white 1x2 bricks with
square studs.

See:

http://www.architoys.net/toys/toypages/blockcit.html

Jackie's guide is cool.