 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2562 (-20)
  Re: Megabloks Narnia Pics

(...) That one worked--thanks! Looks like the sets will be broadly similar to the Dragons line. I know nothing of Narnia except what little I remember from the cartoon that I last saw 25 years ago, but it sounds like we may be in for a wild range of (...) (19 years ago, 31-Jul-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Megabloks Narnia Pics

(...) Hmm. That link worked for me earlier, but not now. Try this one: (URL) Ken (...) (19 years ago, 31-Jul-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Megabloks Narnia Pics

(...) I can't seem to get there via direct link. Can you give a pointer to the article that contains the picture? Thanks for the info in any case! Dave! (19 years ago, 31-Jul-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Megabloks Narnia Pics

I found this link over on the Classic-Castle forums. Not too much to see as the pic is rather blurry. (URL) Ken (19 years ago, 30-Jul-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Bogus "clearance" at TRU

(...) I don't know about the sale, but I can say that it is still far to much to pay for this particular set. This mountain set is by far the worst of the MB Dragons set. I have unfortunately bought it, and regretted it ever since. There is hardly (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jul-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Bogus "clearance" at TRU

Warning--this post contains info about a clone brand, but it's relevant to LEGO, so bear with me... TRU currently has a bunch of stuff with green price tags and signs all over the store proclaiming an additional 30% off green-tagged items. Sounds (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jul-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: A minor note about the Warthog

(...) That's an interesting hypothesis that hadn't occurred to me! A search on the (URL) MEGABLOKS website> returns no hits for "9652," but unfortunately that's not quite conclusive since "3707" doesn't show up, either. In any case, I'll do some (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jul-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: A minor note about the Warthog

(...) I don't know if it's similar, but the MB Dragon set Raiders Sea Assualt exists as both set number 9807 and set number 9652. I'm not sure, but I think maybe the 96xx-series was sets intended for the UK market? Arne, Copenhagen (19 years ago, 27-Jul-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  A minor note about the Warthog

My local KMart has two versions of the (URL) Force Warthog> on the shelf. The sets themselves appear to be identical, but the boxes are slightly different, and one is listed as set #9789 and the other is #3707. The price and piece-counts are the (...) (19 years ago, 25-Jul-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Review of MB 9848: Argentum Silver Armor Dragon

(...) Hmmm. The wings sweep back and there are multiple points of articulatioin, (the legs not withstanding) excellent. I think that was my major complaint with the the original dragons they were always flying. Of course I also hated the armor (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Have we seen the death of BTR?

(...) You may talk of Built-To-Rule ‘Cause the sets are really cool, But you haven’t seen a new one for a while. If you miss the parts and colors You can only hoot and hollar That, at best, you might peruse the clearance aisle. They seemed destined (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Have we seen the death of BTR?

While I ponder, weak and weary from mowing tall grass yards grown a day or two or more, I fumble in, a tired ghost of who I was before, to see my dusty array of bricks all in store With dust and age gathered as a funeral procession there to morn And (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New ProBuilder set shown on the MEGABLOKS website

(...) Pretty misleading title on this set, especially since the text at MB's homepage describes it as a detroyer. Last time I checked there was quite a difference between a battleship and a destroyer. I just couldn't grasp how they could make a (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: New MEGABLOKS line

(...) Lovely micronaut goodness... Sounds interesting, if it wasn't for space issues I'd try to grab them right now. (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  New ProBuilder set shown on the MEGABLOKS website

Continuing the very cool military ships series. MEGABLOKS has a new ProBuilder version of a (URL) Battleship.> I haven't seen it on the shelves yet, but it seems likely to retail for $19.99 or $21.99. Dave! (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  New MEGABLOKS line

I saw two figures from (URL) this line> at my local KMart over the weekend. I confess that this was the first I'd heard of these, so I have little information to offer other than the link to a few photos. Even the (URL) MEGABLOKS website> doesn't (...) (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Mince builds kids' meals (Kids love beef mince)

(...) How embarrassing... Let me rephrase that: No recipe is provided in the brochure I scanned. Cheers Richie (19 years ago, 12-Jul-05, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Mince builds kids' meals (Kids love beef mince)

(...) Ahem. (URL) ROSCO (19 years ago, 12-Jul-05, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Mince builds kids' meals (Kids love beef mince)

(...) -snip- (...) Well, here are the three (square?) meals: (3 URLs) (Click on the pics for recipes for the bolognaise and shepherds' pie... no recipe is provided for the burger). Cheers Richie Dulin (19 years ago, 11-Jul-05, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: MegaBloks

(...) After many years of LEGO purchases, I've recently added some MB sets. As I live in Denmark, I can buy only LEGO in the stores, and pays the very high price accordingly. So to get MB sets, I have to buy from UK or USA. I have bought quite a (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jul-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact