 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2384
Re: New Dragons Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 17:04:34 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Richard W. Schamus wrote:
<snip>

Upon further reflection, I realized that these sets were familiar; I don't know
why I never mentioned them before.

This site: http://www2.mailorderexpress.com/index.asp has info on them.  Do a
search for "bloks" and you'll get a nice listing of these and other sets.  I
found these on page 2 of the search results.

Still, the two-pack does indeed look like it might be a KB exclusive.
Unfortunately, my local store doesn't have them, but right now its stock of
MegaBloks is pitifully small.

Thanks again for the news!

Dave!

Wow! Apparently the UK gets a differant selection of sets and what's actually in
them. Just looking at the version shown for 9891 "Vorgan Stronghold" I don't
recognize anything about that set from what I have...

Yeah, I've wondered about that.  All I know is that those pictures have been up
for quite a while, so maybe they date from before the sets' release and are
actually just "promotional" images, possibly subject to change?

Ok, if you don't count the Euro (UK) version of the Sea Dragon in set #9873
(alt "Vorgan Attack") and the other two sets, (#9653 Dragon Raiders Outpost
Attack, & 9652 Dragon Raiders Sea Assault), I'm down to the 4 transparent sets
and the Dragon Mountain set #9858). Makes me wonder what else was produced for
the UK (Euro) that didn't become available in the America's through any other
outlet. I'm just glad that these 2 (9650 & 9651) made it out.  Hmmm... wondering
what to do now...

I'm thinking that the pictured sets are probably the sets as we've seen them on
US shelves, so maybe you're still on track?  (Without having to go to the UK to
complete your bestiary, I mean!)

Boy, I got another look at the TRU Dragons display this morning.  That stuff
really is nifty.  And then I saw the Knight's Kingdom set opposite the MB
showcase.  No comparison, IMO.

Dave!