 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2342 (-20)
  Re: New Dragons Sets

(...) On a side note, at COSTCO, they are selling an actual chest (18"x18"x36" {approx}) of Dragons for just under $80. The set includes 9879 (Vorgan Ice Fang) and 9889 (Portal of Fire). I thought it was a cool promo and had the Mrs. get it for me (...) (20 years ago, 5-Nov-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A Plea for Info

(...) If you can indeed get that, it would be superfantastic. Thank you very much! (...) Cool--thanks for that, too. Dave! (20 years ago, 29-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A Plea for Info

(...) I can get the info for these two when I go to storage on Sunday. (...) 1999 -- Russell Clark Co-Founder, BayLTC/BayLUG (URL) is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness." (20 years ago, 28-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: ExoJeep: A space wheels contest entry

(...) Thanks Grand Admiral, I'm quite well aware of that. However, this is an entry to the space wheels contest which is under this posting board. Erego, this posting will be found here, and with other space enthusiast postings. Vive la revelucion! (...) (20 years ago, 28-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: A new clone brand?

(...) They are both new (about five years) and small (operating out of NYC office space). As pulled from (URL) this> article: "Art Asylum is a relatively small and relatively new toy company," the co-presidents of 'A Call to Arms' said. "They have a (...) (20 years ago, 27-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  A Plea for Info

For no particular reason I'm working to assemble as comprehensive a list of MegaBloks sets as I can manage. So far I'm only concerned about the following data fields: Set Number Theme (Blok-Bots, Alien Agency, ProBuilder, etc.) Set Name Year of (...) (20 years ago, 27-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A new clone brand?

(...) It's not a company called c3 ... that's the name of their building blocks line. The company name, Art Asylum, is not a new or small toy company... they've produced the popular "Minimates" line of 'block like' action figures (similar to (...) (20 years ago, 27-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  New Dragons Sets

I can't find anything online yet, but my local Target had two copies of set 98001 Fire Ghost Dragon on the shelf. It's one of a series of four sets, judging by the pictures on the box. The sets are numbered 98001 through 98004 and represent Fire, (...) (20 years ago, 26-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega Bloks gets Marvel License

(...) Interesting! Do you have a link to this info? I'm surprised that LEGO would enter into a contract in which the other party had rights of termination, but such contracts surely exist. Thanks for the news in any case. Dave! (20 years ago, 26-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A new clone brand?

(...) Hi Avery: We've had some discussion of these here, but not too much, owing (IMO) to the fact that the product line is still fairly new and has only released a few sets. Here are a few relavant links to give you a sense of general opinion: (...) (20 years ago, 26-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Cool display at TRU

(...) Agreed. The big pipe thingie is about 12 x 6 x 20 high and essentially one bit, but as great big juniorised bits go, at least its not an immediate candidate for the round file. And the rest of the bits are cool. (...) Except that bit. Not one (...) (20 years ago, 26-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega Bloks gets Marvel License

Today we got "clarification" from a stock analyst that Lego has Spider-man movie rights through 2007 from Sony. Mega Bloks contradicted this, saying Lego's contract is up in 2005 and that Marvel makes the decisions. (20 years ago, 26-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  A new clone brand?

I have not seen any past postings about a clone brand called C3. The company must be a small toy company, I have not heard of it before. Against my hesitant judgement, I picked up a set -- Batman's Bat wing and I was surprised. The pieces connect (...) (20 years ago, 25-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Brick Century Military

(...) Doh! How did I miss this thread? I've done a casual search online to no avail. If you can share any further detail without giving up your source, please do so! Even photos of your own sets would be greatly interesting. Thanks for any info you (...) (20 years ago, 21-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Cool display at TRU

This morning I stopped by the TRU less visited and saw a really nifty display of MegaBloks sets. It was basically in five parts and took up a surprising amount of floorspace. Additionally, it was located directly opposite the LEGO section, so I'd be (...) (20 years ago, 21-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Custom Greek Hoplites

Dear all, This is somewhat of a belated announcement. But in case you don't know, all of my new items (from custom beards to Greek Corinthian stuffs) are now being showcased on (URL) my website>. There are also a bunch of new, historical custom (...) (20 years ago, 20-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.build.minifigs, FTX)

  Re: Mega Bloks gets Marvel License

(...) Yes indeed, this is quite a coup for MegaBloks. Previous licenses have worked pretty well for them, but they haven't really landed a big-time license until this. And LEGO's work so far with Spider-Man will be nothing but a boon. I can't help (...) (20 years ago, 18-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega Bloks gets Marvel License

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Yanick Fournier wrote: (snipped lots of good info, thanks for sharing!) (...) IIRC, LEGO has a license for the movie related stuff, via Sony(?), rather than directly for Marvel characters from Marvel. However (...) (20 years ago, 16-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega Bloks gets Marvel License

(...) I live 20 miles from the Mega Bloks compagny in Montréal. I am not a fan of Mega Blocks but I am always curious when I see news about them. And there was a small article in "Le Journal the Montréal" today talking about this. The main idea of (...) (20 years ago, 16-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega Bloks gets Marvel License

(...) Wow, that's awesome news! Thanks for the info, and thanks in advance for any other details you're able to share. Dave! (20 years ago, 15-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact