 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2324
Re: Mega Bloks gets Marvel License
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sat, 16 Oct 2004 01:52:09 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Bill Connick wrote:
I found this on www.action-figure.com and had to post it.

http://www.action-figure.com/Article13025.html

I have known about this for a while now (Becuase I have a Mega Bloks Retail
Account) but it looks like LEGO has lost the Spider-man license as well. As I
find out more information I will post it as well.
Bill Connick

I live 20 miles from the Mega Bloks compagny in Montréal.  I am not a fan of
Mega Blocks but I am always curious when I see news about them.  And there was a
small article in "Le Journal the Montréal" today talking about this.

The main idea of the text was something like that:

------------
Andrew Witkin, the marketing director of Mega Block, is very happy about new
license.  They did not want to get only one character and they are thinking of
Spider-Man, X-Men and Hulk.

In fact, there is a color picture of Hulk and Spider-Man made out of bricks.  I
don't know if these are the final release, but they look more like sculpture...
pretty "squarry".  Anyway, we will see in 2005.

8 new toys will be ready for December, but the articles say that "children will
have to wait weeks or months before they can be seen on the store shleves".

30 to 35% of the Mega Bloks production is done in China.

The license should be good for 2 to 10 years.

Al the toys will be design in Montréal, Canada but Marvel will have to approve
them.

Marvel said that Mega Bloks is the ideal partner because they are an innovative
company and they will give a new life to the characters.

The original text was in french, so this is just a traslation of the main ideas.
If I get more infos, I will share them with you.

I am very surprise that LEGO and Mega Block can have a license for a Marvel
character at the same time....  pretty sad!

Thanks,
Yanick Fournier