 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2332
Re: Cool display at TRU
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 08:51:53 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler wrote:
The fourth part showcased the
<http://www.megabloks.com/eng/products/browse.php?subCat=7 Command Ops> line
with some of the newer large sets.  "Secure the Dam" looked especially good,
albeit with a lot of juniorization.

Agreed.  The big pipe thingie is about 12 x 6 x 20 high and essentially one bit,
but as great big juniorised bits go, at least its not an immediate candidate for
the round file.

And the rest of the bits are cool.

The set includes a fighter jet that may
be a single piece, which is really unfortunate.

Except that bit.  Not one piece, about 20 or so, but its not like you'll be able
to use the big half dozen for anything except exactly this model.  Give the
plane away to the younger folk.  They'll love the fact that it fires sprung
loaded missile from under the wings.

Some nice elements in the
Command Ops sets are the "snow" pieces that fit atop bricks and the
"shattered" window elements that show battle damage.  I really like the
battle scene sets with the blown-out buildings.  I may pick up a few of
these.

Mmmmmm.  Between the Command Ops dudes and pieces (give away most of the the big
juniorised bits), the alien agency buildings, and the probuilder models (minifig
scale ish tank, APC, huey, harriers) I'm having a great time.  Even the tall 6
wide brick wall panels, and cardboard 'tin roof' for the hangar make for
interesting models.

Overall, and in my admittedly-not-unbiased opinion, I have to say that the
display LEGO's presence in the store, both in terms of floorspace and sheer
coolness.  I'd take a squad of Vorgans up against a force of Knight's Kingdom
poseurs any time!

Absolutely.  There is nothing quite so daunting to a company of smiley yellow
faces as the sight of a platoon of these big green skinned trolls rumbling
forward on their big-assed horses, all pointed edged weapons and banners flying.
And this is not mere opinion here - we're talking a year of Brik Wars battle
experience here ;-)  And there is something gratifying about playing as
something so unashamedly UGLY and pugnacious!

;-)

Richard
Still baldly going...