 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2516
Re: Cool display at TRU
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Wed, 25 May 2005 15:12:27 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler wrote:

   The fourth part showcased the Command Ops line with some of the newer large sets. “Secure the Dam” looked especially good, albeit with a lot of juniorization. The set includes a fighter jet that may be a single piece, which is really unfortunate. Some nice elements in the Command Ops sets are the “snow” pieces that fit atop bricks and the “shattered” window elements that show battle damage.

Okay, the windows are still pretty cool, but the instructions reveal this set to include some of the hands-down worst juniorization I’ve ever seen. Instead of being clever snap-on pieces, the “snow’ is hard-molded onto the bricks, which are themselves hard-molded into irregular and pre-formed wall elements. This is really inexcusable, and I’m only glad that I haven’t dropped any money on this set so far.

Very disappointing.

Dave!