 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2217 (-20)
  Re: Just a heads-up

(...) Thanks for sharing. Neat. Some flaws and it needs a tender, but neat. I wonder how it would look on top of BBB wheels. It might be wide enough to where J2 would like it. (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  New MEGABLOKS, and thoughts on Nano

First things first--my local KMart, which usually debuts "new" products a year or so after they hit the market, surprised me yesterday with several new Dragons, Just Build, and ProBuilder sets on the shelves. I was so surprised that I don't have (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Just a heads-up

Check out (URL) nifty offering. There's a fair amount of juniorization, based on what I can see, but it still looks nice to my un-Trained eye. I know, I know, the TOS. FUT to OT.Clones Dave! (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Honda + Mega Bloks - Ad!!!

(...) Hi Ram! The Honda commercial has been around for quite a while, actually. I first saw it long before seeing the LEGO/Volvo images. Both the MEGABLOKS and LEGO models are very cool, though I must admit that I enjoy the self-assembling Honda ad (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Honda + Mega Bloks - Ad!!!

(URL) saw this in a magazine and decided to search on the web. I guess Volvo + Lego is already facing competition! - Ram - (20 years ago, 17-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Yeah, they're small.

(...) There are advantages to both arrangements, but most of them fall to the original design. A 1:1:1 ratio means it's really easy to get stuff to line up, but it cuts down on a lot of the versatility found in the 5:5:6 ratio used by The LEGO (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Yeah, they're small.

(...) OK, now that I've had some time with the little things, I can give an idea of how they work. First, the height/width ratio is slightly different from that of normal Lego or Mega Bloks - two plates (or one brick) tall equals one brick's width, (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Yeah, they're small.

(...) I just got the Off Shore Racing set a few minutes ago, and let me tell you these things are tiny. (URL) Haven't had much time to study 'em, but it looks like they have a different plate height/width ratio, and bricks are only two of the (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Nano Building System found!

(...) It's on megabloks own website... and wow, I never knew about these. Slopes that are 2/3 height instead of a full brick?! Yes!! Talk about flexibility... let's hope Lego is listening?? (URL) (20 years ago, 15-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Nano Building System found!

(...) If I may say so, Bill's (URL) site> has pics and info on a variety of current and forthcoming releases and is well worth checking out. Bummer about the pushed-back release date for the Enterprise, though... (...) I would love to see pics and (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Nano Building System found!

Just wanted to let everyone know, I ran into my local Meijers today and found the Nano line by Mega Bloks. I picked up a 5.99 set the 5901 red convertable. I like the set a lot. It has a lot of fun pieces and makes a really cool model. It also comes (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Has anyone seen any pics of the new miniature brick line from Mega Blocks?

(...) Update: Amazon now indicates that these will be released on August 1. Tune in on August 1 to learn that the release date has been rolled back to August 15... Dave! (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  New MB dragon sets out

Its been quite a while since I posted here... about 5 years I think, but just wanted to give a heads up the new MB dragon sets are you. They are focused on Fire and Ice elements. These include 4 Young dragons that you completely assemble and are as (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Has anyone seen any pics of the new miniature brick line from Mega Blocks?

(...) Hi Thomas and Bill-- Thanks for the clarification, even if I'm not sure how I feel about the scale! I just noticed that (URL) shows these sets with a release date of July 11. Dave! (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  New MB sightings (with very vague details)

Not the Nano stuff yet (which is already giving me headaches re: LDraw modelling...), but I did spot two new Command Ops sets. One was a very small one-man fighter jet, and the other was a sort of Arctic wheels-and-skis vehicle. I didn't get much (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Has anyone seen any pics of the new miniature brick line from Mega Blocks?

(...) I got a chance to see these up close and personal at Toy Fair in February and they are on a different scale as well as not compatible with other Mega Bloks/LEGO bricks. They are very cool looking and come with a magnifying glass to work on the (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Has anyone seen any pics of the new miniature brick line from Mega Blocks?

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler wrote: <snip> (...) Thanks for finding the pics of these. I believe that the Nano system is a different scale from regular megabloks bricks. That's what intrigued me to the system. Kinda like Modulex, I (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Has anyone seen any pics of the new miniature brick line from Mega Blocks?

(...) (URL) Here's> a better overview. But now that I've looked more closely, I'm a little apprehensive--I can't tell if the bricks are the same scale as existing bricks, or if they're smaller. What does "Nano" mean in this context, exactly? Are the (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Has anyone seen any pics of the new miniature brick line from Mega Blocks?

(...) Ask, and ye shall receive (eventually): Pretty nifty, from what I've (URL) I observe with interest that MEGABLOKS appears finally to have embraced the the 2x3 slope brick 33 as well as the 2x3 brick. Also of note are the new (to MB) 4x8 plate, (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Bricks that say "yabba dabba doo"?

Has anybody heard of this clone before? (URL) plates and the figure look like Byggis/Bricks, but that sound brick makes me very puzzled. I'm a little tempted to bid... /Tore (20 years ago, 29-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact