 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2203
2202  |  2204
Subject:
New MB sightings (with very vague details)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 2004 18:37:06 GMT

Not the Nano stuff yet (which is already giving me headaches re: LDraw modelling...), but I did spot two new Command Ops sets. One was a very small one-man fighter jet, and the other was a sort of Arctic wheels-and-skis vehicle. I didn’t get much info because I was in a hurry, but both sets had about 100 pieces for $4.99. They use the same kind of ammo-box packaging as the previous small sets for this series. Also, on the back of the boxes was shown a new (to me) Winter-camouflage tank with a blown-out building. This one can be seen on the MB website.

On another front, I saw a set from the upcoming Fire&Ice Dragons series (perhaps Pat Benatar will be singing the themesong?) It was a kind of Dragonhead handpuppet with glowing eyes and growling sound fx, similar in idea to the “Hulk Hands” released when that movie came out. I couldn’t find a price for the Dragon set, though it appears to come in several versions, perhaps reflecting different “factions” or what-have-you. In any case, it’s the first one I’ve seen from the new line.

No sign yet of the new ProBuilder Enterprise.

Dave!