 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2200
Re: Has anyone seen any pics of the new miniature brick line from Mega Blocks?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 22:07:44 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Thomas Main wrote:
   Ever since I found out about Mega Blocks making miniature bricks I’ve been excited to see some pictures. A few days ago I read another article (which I have lost the cite to since) that described a 700 piece model that would fit into the palm of your hand. I think this may be the Next Big Thing for enthusiasts of the brick. If anyone spots any news about this line, be sure to drop a post in here.

Ask, and ye shall receive (eventually):

Pretty nifty, from what I’ve browsed.

I observe with interest that MEGABLOKS appears finally to have embraced the the 2x3 slope brick 33 as well as the 2x3 brick. Also of note are the new (to MB) 4x8 plate, the 2x4 tile, the 2x8 plate, the 2x8 brick, the 4x8 brick, and several newly-designed pieces, such as a 2x3x12 arch brick and a 1x2 and 2x2 brick with side-studs. And all of this is just at a glance--I haven’t had time to examine the site thoroughly, but they look very nice so far.

Nor have I seen any of these sets in stores yet, alas!

Here’s a better overview. But now that I’ve looked more closely, I’m a little apprehensive--I can’t tell if the bricks are the same scale as existing bricks, or if they’re smaller. What does “Nano” mean in this context, exactly? Are the parts themselves smaller, or simply the models? Also, in a few of the photos, the studs appear to be a different proportional height, relative to the overall brick height. Hmm...

I suppose I’ll need to suspend final judgment for now.

Dave!