 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 140
  Tente?

What is the status of Tente anyways? What I mean is, is that company doing well, or are they just barely surviving? The reason is, when I was younger (like 10 years ago!) I saw that stuff around, but now I never see it anymore. Back then, they had (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Tente?

(...) I don't know how the company is doing any longer, but in my opinion, it is the best Lego clone. I got a Tente Greyhound Bus in 1979; it had some really fantastice pieces, pieces that I with that Lego would make, such as rounded sloping tiles. (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Tente?

(...) I had a little boat that they made; it was a Destroyer or something smiliar. I loved the little lifeboat pieces, and the tiny dual-barrelled cannon that it had. I wonder whatever happened to that? I'll have to ask my mom... One thing that I (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Tente?

(...) I thought Tente had bitten the dust but the guy that is selling that Galaxy Wars set on ebay told me it was released just a couple of weeks ago (the five-digit identifying number IS unique). Perhaps the company is thriving (or at least on a (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Tente?

(...) Ooooh, man. If they're still making and selling models of naval ships, I am *so* there. (...) Hopefully, they only put the name out, not the business... Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Tente?

(...) (or (...) I saw a Mega-Blocks battleship the other day at TRU- cheap I think only about $20. Looked pretty cool, just not LEGO, and I can't imagine starting a collection of even more construction toys, and I would never mix brands, even if (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Tente?

(...) You don't understand. Tente ships were *cool*. They looked good. And there were a lot of them. I've seen the Megablocks crapola they try to pass off as a ship. It's nowhere even close to what Tente put out. It's too big, blocky, and severely (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Tente?

(...) Hehe believe it or not, I have an aircraft carrier about the length of your keyboard... I'm wondering if I should sell it, and use that money to buy some non-military themed building blocks... :) Bryan (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Tente?

(...) Hmm... Is that the new battleship you're talking about? If so, then you must have gotten a poor version of it, because I own four of them, and I've had _no_ trouble with weak "stick-age." I've found, in fact, that the entire ship can be lifted (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Tente?

(...) I think I remeber that ship from well over ten years ago. I saw it in one of those specialty toy stores that only sell expensive, tasteful European toys like Brio blocks and those metal soldiers. Does it hace little Jet planes on it? It was (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Yes Tente

(...) Yep it has little white jet planes, a bit smaller than your typical minifig. I think you're remembering correctly! :) When I have an opportunity, I'll try to post a picture of it. Bryan (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Yes Tente

(...) some (...) If you're serious about selling it, I'd probably be interested, just because I have often thought about it and it would have nostalgia value. Chris (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Yes Tente

(...) I've still got a bag of Tente--a couple of destroyers and the little aircraft carrier with the propellor planes and the "motor launch" among others. If someone really has a need for Tente, I can bring 'em back with me at Thanksgiving time. I (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)