 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1142 (-10)
  Re: Prancing Pony $7.44 at Target (Was Re: Review of LotRs Prancing Pony)

(...) My 8-year-old begged to build the Ferry set and found the same thing-- the bricks don't hold onto the bottom of the 8x16 plates well at all! BTW that reminds me, a while back when everyone was wondering about the anchor clones, I noticed that (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Prancing Pony $7.44 at Target (Was Re: Review of LotRs Prancing Pony)

(...) I broke down and bought a few of those when they were 50% off, and I'm glad I did, because the stock has since been depleted. Nothing left but a pair of Buckleberry Ferry sets, which I'll try to grab tomorrow. I wish I could find another (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Prancing Pony $7.44 at Target (Was Re: Review of LotRs Prancing Pony)

(...) I like the bricks, but the large plates are lame-- poor binding quality. (e.g. the plates that form the base of the two part of the Ferry bind very poorly to the bricks that form the base). Interesting colors, too. I like the flecked (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Prancing Pony $7.44 at Target (Was Re: Review of LotRs Prancing Pony)

(...) You assume too much. Know thine enemy. LOL. (Just kidding. I've actually had one of these in my cart but haven't so far made it to the checkout with it) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Prancing Pony $7.44 at Target (Was Re: Review of LotRs Prancing Pony)

(...) Hey, at Target's 75% clearance today I managed to find a Prancing Pony Inn for $7.44 (also a Buckleberry Ferry for $3.74), so you guys may want to take a look if you get a chance (although I saw even fewer LOTR sets than I did LEGO-- these (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Tente boats on ebay

Of no interest to me, but some of you boat fans might like these: (URL) not the seller, nor do I know him, and I won't be bidding. Forgive the auction announcement in .boats! Ends 1/20 at 18:24 PST. Dave! FUT OT.Clones (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Kubricks: Classic Planet of the Apes May 2002

(...) They're not legos, actually - they're just funny little action figures. They seem to have started out in Japan, and only recently have they been spreading to the US. I got one by mistake on Ebay once because the auctioneer was advertising them (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Kubricks: Classic Planet of the Apes May 2002

They're like clones of Megabloks, only they're "Kubricks". I saw these inside the back cover of January's Previews (comics order book). The characters are quite clever; keep an eye out for them. (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: TLC Learns to Mega Bloks -- Re: #4793 Ogel Shark Sub

thank you for a verry good comparison page, I might actualy buy a lego set now (been buying only MB for a little over a year, not including what I get as gifts). those new pieces will be useful, as I'm getting into mecha. Gary richard marchetti (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  TLC Learns to Mega Bloks -- Re: #4793 Ogel Shark Sub

Hey Y'all: This has already been partially discussed in this thread: (URL) seems to now be designing elements and whole sets around lessons learned from Ritvik/Mega Bloks -- and in some respects I think they are not learning the lessons very well, (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact