 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1072 (-20)
  Re: What brand is this?

(...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: More New Mega Bloks Sets and Other Info

Yes, the tank is different. The color green is the same. (...) same (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Careful what you wish for: clone LOTR blocks sighted

(...) Well, if Middle-Earth can survive those awful rotoscope animations of the 70's, then there's little damage to be done by a live-action production. Peter Jackson is an actual director with a talent both for the fantastical and for character (...) (23 years ago, 11-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Careful what you wish for: clone LOTR blocks sighted

(...) This from a text brought to my attention today: "Of course, there is no way of knowing what Tolkien would have thought of such newly written texts. It can hardly be doubted that if he ever returns from the dead, he will soon be busy with a red (...) (23 years ago, 10-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: More New Mega Bloks Sets and Other Info

(...) for (...) Wow! $23 for 10 army figs (true Mega-bloks figs are the worst quality item they make but they are still army figs) I am wondering if the tank is the same as the probuilder set or if it is a new one for that set. (Now if only there (...) (23 years ago, 10-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: More New Mega Bloks Sets and Other Info

(...) BRAIN FADE... I MEANT P-51... I THINK MY WIFE HAD JUST CALLED ME! Paul (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: More New Mega Bloks Sets and Other Info

(...) up (...) The catalog has the new Machines,new Blok Bots,& Soccer. It does not have the new Pro-Builder Sub, P-14, Z sets sold at Wal-Mart, or the new play sets I referenced earlier. Paul (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: More New Mega Bloks Sets and Other Info

(...) I like that little set, though the scorpion does nothing for me. Did the latest catalog feature any current new sets? The last catalogs I got (all of which came with brand new products) didn't list the items I bought! Hmf! Dave! (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  More New Mega Bloks Sets and Other Info

I had to go to one of our venders this morning and stopped at Target on the way. They now have the 3 small LotR sets for $14.99 each. I got the Battle at Weathertop… More on it when I get a chance to look at it. On the way back I stopped at Kmart (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: dalu and shifty (Re: Tyco Superblocks page)

(...) Thanks, Joseph. You have now relieved me of any desire to ever acquire any Dalu sets. The color scheme on the packaging and the identical shield crests were especially egregious. (...) Shifty should have picked better sets to copy! The Royal (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  What brand is this?

(URL) quickly--the auction's over and the picture might not last too long. I bid on it early but failed to follow up, so I didn't win; I'd like to have seen these bricks in person, since they look like clones of recent (and still, presumably, (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  dalu and shifty (Re: Tyco Superblocks page)

(...) i got permission from someone auctioning the dalu set to copy the images. here's what i got: (URL) the only info i gleaned but i seem to remember discussion centering on the possibility that the company was from somewhere in the middle east. (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: kawada blocks (Re: Tyco Superblocks page)

if you're getting the "hosted by angelfire" logo, try clicking on the reload button. if that doesn't work, view the images from my kawada page: (URL) g (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: kawada blocks (Re: Tyco Superblocks page)

(...) instead. They may be blocking direct access to directories. I am semi-embarrassed to have to admit I wanted to see these pics too! =) -- Hop-Frog (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Tyco Superblocks page (Re: What ever happened to the copycat brand TYCO?)

(...) While we are on the subject, has anyone ever seen a set called "Daluland?" They were selling one on ebay not too long ago, and the blurry picture looked very similar to the King's Castle. If anyone has a scan of that/ever heard of those, I (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: kawada blocks (Re: Tyco Superblocks page)

shame on me for responding to my own post, but i found where i had put some images for the godzilla stuff: (URL) ghidorah is actually the cooler of the two sets (godzilla looks more like an alley cat on steroids) but i found it interesting the way (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  kawada blocks (Re: Tyco Superblocks page)

kawada IS pretty poopy but i really enjoy the 10-inch godzilla models for displaying purposes and would probably still be willing to pay a ridiculous price if i were to see someone selling the gamera model (to go with the godzilla and ghidorah (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  my collecting status (Re: Tyco Superblocks page. . . )

(...) 1) i don't have as much time to spend on the hobby, 2) i was saddened at the direction lego had gone (though they are making some interesting improvements: re-releasing older sets, ucs/sculpture sets, MUCH improved train stuff) 3) i needed (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Tyco Superblocks page (Re: What ever happened to the copycat brand TYCO?)

james! dude! i had linked to your page while it was at avana-something, couldn't find the old page and wasn't aware you had moved your site. i'm glad you posted (i had borrowed your blocko image for the construction clones page but couldn't find (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Tyco Superblocks page (Re: What ever happened to the copycat brand TYCO?)

I have a list of a few others on an old web page of clones: (URL) still seen each of these around today. jt In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler writes: <snip> (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact