 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1058
Re: Tyco Superblocks page (Re: What ever happened to the copycat brand TYCO?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 23:02:57 GMT

i'm glad you posted (i had borrowed your blocko image for the construction
clones page but couldn't find candy blocks images anywhere).  hopefully dave
schuler will see this post and be able to update the links to blocko and candy
blocks for the in-process-of-updating clones page.

I have a list of a few others on an old web page of clones:

http://www.trobaugh.org/lego/clones.htm

I've still seen each of these around today.

jt

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler writes:
<snip>
Does anyone know how many actual clone brands are on the market today?  I
refer to compatible brands such as MegaBloks, Intelli-Blox, and even
Best-Lock, I suppose, but not Kawada or ABC Blocks, which are basically
LEGO-shaped but not compatible in any useful sense.

    Dave!

While we are on the subject, has anyone ever seen a set called "Daluland?"
They were selling one on ebay not too long ago, and the blurry picture
looked very similar to the King's Castle.  If anyone has a scan of that/ever
heard of those, I would be interested in finding out more.