 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1047
Re: Tyco Superblocks page (Re: What ever happened to the copycat brand TYCO?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 18:05:00 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Aaron Dalan writes:
Thanks for putting that up, Joseph.  Ever see the big castle with the Yellow
visored Knights anywhere?  Me want...

Actually, you don't.  I LOVE Tyco bricks, but not because the minifigures
are cool -- because they are not*.

(snip)
-- Hop-Frog

* Well, wait -- while the minifigures do suck, the accessories are AMAZING!!!
I might as well plug my clone parts wanted site and see if there are any
traders reading: http://members.aol.com/blueofnoon3/lego/parts.html#tyco

Most clone minifigs are worse than pathetic, of course I agree with that.
Ever feel intimidated by a row of MegaBlok cavalry?  Hard to, when they are
all falling off their horses.

I have had the Tyco Black castle for 15 years or so, so I may be nostalgic,
but I like the minifigs in that set.  While I did have to cut off their feet
so they could ride horses, I liked the silver armer and black helmets.  It
came with a flying horse as well.  They gave me some unique troops for the
huge medieval wars I used to have with my friends.  And the weapons--out of
this world.  I just love the Battleax.