 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1022 (-20)
  K'Nex Battlemechs

I don't recall seeing a post about this, but I was at TRU last night and saw that K'Nex has licensed for Mech Warrior. They had sets of the Mad Cat, Shadow Cat and Cauldron Borne at the store I was at. And they shoot nerf-like missles. :) Found it (...) (23 years ago, 25-Oct-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: More Shamelessly Insisting I Get What I Want (was Re: Larry's behaviour)

(...) and: (...) Indeed, I did not get the email -- so this makes you the second person who has trouble sending me emails. Geez, I might have to give up aol despite my laziness... And I can see I need to monitor the clones newsgroup a little more (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  More voting( Re: More Shamelessly Insisting I Get What I Want

(...) That sentence is structured incorrectly since it has a non terminal Dave! Here's a rewording, bowdlerised for your convenience. Say, please stop wasting time on this issue and send me that clones.zip, darnit, Dave!!!!! (extra exclamation (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Also new: MegaBloks Mustang

(...) In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler writes: (...) pretty neat little $10 jet fighter, called simply "Jet Fighter." Kevin (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Also new: MegaBloks Mustang

(...) Here's another cool-looking model. (URL) Still no word on the mythical Whitehouse model, and I haven't seen the Construction Vehicles set (or whatever it was called) since the one I saw auctioned on eBay. If I have one lingering complaint (...) (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: darn it, dave!!

(...) Believe me, I sympathize. I'm an absolute victim of new and cool-looking clone sets! (...) It's hard to find fault with The Kittyhawk. I was fortunate enough to pick up a total of 3 at a local ValueCity, where it was offered for $30.00! That's (...) (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  darn it, dave!!

darn it, dave, your enthusiasm for the clones (along with the other folks' that frequent this newsgroup) is contagious and has caught me in a twisted trap! i've only purchased two or three lego sets this year but yesterday i went out and purchased (...) (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  New Construction Toy In LDraw Format

Here are a few very unofficial elements I've thrown together and posted at the request of a few clone-fans. (URL) for the LEGO Purist, I warn you. I pondered whether or not it was appropriate to list the link in .dev, but Ryan Farrington recently (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.cad.dev)

  MegaBloks Boomer

Hey Rick (and all)-- For that interior detail, I saw something very interesting this weekend at TRU: A MegaBloks cut-away model of a 'boomer! I don't know if it would be worth a look, as it's nowhere near minifig scale, but I found it sort of (...) (23 years ago, 21-Oct-01, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Request for Dave Schuler's clones.zip File

(...) C'mon, Dave! Send me the files!!! I tried emailing the one guy to respond to the previous thread and I got a mailer-daemon in reply... Only you can help me, Dave! You don't want me to be a clone-less guy do you? Hook me up, Baby!!! -- Hop-Frog (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Request for Dave Schuler's clones.zip File

(...) I only know of one person for sure who downloaded the original set, but I don't think I have his email any longer. If someone still has the file, all are welcome to use it, but I should advise that there's a small update coming very shortly (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Request for Dave Schuler's clones.zip File

Hey Y'all: Can someone please send me Dave Schuler's clones.zip file? The old hyperlinks to it from old lugnet posts are now dead. =( Please send to: blueofnoon@aol.com Thanks in advance! -- Hop-Frog (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Also new: MegaBloks Mustang

(...) Which may be the ultimate sign that MegaBloks is encroaching in LEGO's market position - the value of MegaBloks is going up. Steve (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Also new: MegaBloks Mustang

(...) in (...) I second that, thanks for the scan. That looks great. As a side note, looking at the piece count compared to other Pro-builder sets, it seems TRU upped the suggested retail price by $10 -Mike Petrucelli (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: construction clones page management

thank you, richard (and chris gray and dave schuler who also responded). here's the picture. all of the coko and tente stuff were on my tripod site so that much is still available. the big load will be the tyco superbloks info (scans and zipped (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Also new: MegaBloks Mustang

...contented aahh... i was hoping someone woudl show us a scan (i probably won't see a real model in utah for at least a couple more months). it looks sweet! thanks for the scan, dave! ..joseph g (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Also new: MegaBloks Mustang

(...) Here you go: (URL) scan isn't exactly razor-sharp, but it's still a cool model. My only objection is that there are two cover panels flanking the engine built mostly of 1xN bricks, but the panels aren't very secure when in place. I fixed it (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Also new: MegaBloks Mustang

(...) I'll try to post something early tomorrow. Dave! (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Updated: Feed My Black Tar Lego and Tyco Superblocks Habit!!!

Hey Y'all: I have updated my Lego elements wanted page and the results can be seen at: (URL) try this link for just the Tyco Superblocks elements I am seeking: (URL) note the following price/bounties: $8.00 - Classic Castle Black Visor (in perfect (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Also new: MegaBloks Mustang

Any possiblity of scanning the box or instructions for a picture? I am really currious about this one. -Mike Petrucelli (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact