 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1016
1015  |  1017
Subject:
darn it, dave!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 15:03:28 GMT

darn it, dave, your enthusiasm for the clones (along with the other folks' that
frequent this newsgroup) is contagious and has caught me in a twisted trap!

i've only purchased two or three lego sets this year but yesterday i went out
and purchased FOUR megablok models at once (two green tanks, one kittyhawk and
the large air combat copter).   add to that the fact that i had already
purchased one of the green tanks and the gladiator/lion set (PLUS i only
purchased the air combat copter because the store didn't have one of the big
red rescue ones) and we see what some might consider a disturbing trend.

with my love for making alternate models from the pieces of just one set, the
huge piece counts for these sets (when compared to that other brand) is
mind-numbing.  now that you've got some clone .dat stuff, i'm very excited to
see what i can concoct with less specialized pieces and more of the basic
bricks.  i might even attempt to recreate the plane and huey-type copter models
pictured on the aircombat copter box (unless you're already working on that).

thanks to ALL of the folks at this newsgroup for reinvigorating my love for the
construction toy hobby!

..joseph g