 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1017
Re: darn it, dave!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 16:03:55 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Joseph Gonzalez writes:
enthusiasm for the clones is contagious and has caught me in a twisted trap!

  Believe me, I sympathize.  I'm an absolute victim of new and cool-looking
clone sets!

i've only purchased two or three lego sets this year but yesterday i went out
and purchased FOUR megablok models at once (two green tanks, one kittyhawk and
the large air combat copter).

  It's hard to find fault with The Kittyhawk.  I was fortunate enough to
pick up a total of 3 at a local ValueCity, where it was offered for $30.00!
That's less than 2¢ per piece!

with my love for making alternate models from the pieces of just one set, the
huge piece counts for these sets (when compared to that other brand) is
mind-numbing.  now that you've got some clone .dat stuff, i'm very excited to
see what i can concoct with less specialized pieces and more of the basic
bricks. i might even attempt to recreate the plane and huey-type copter models
pictured on the aircombat copter box (unless you're already working on that).

  I'm going to take a little break from .dat work, so you're welcome to put
together any of those models.  While we're at it, I think we should pressure
Richard Parsons to render his Valhalla in LDraw.

     Dave!