 Model Team / 525
Re: Volvo NH12 8x4/4 in scale 1:13
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 20:16:55 GMT

I've been quite busy moving house. The computer has been in storage for a
few weeks and I'm only just after setting it up again. I now have some 2500
posts to read.....
Anyway, about the Volvo. I'm still going to build it, but it won't be in
time for Ochten/Geldermalsen. Right now all Lego is boxed and I'm too busy
painting the house, building shelves and becoming a father. I hope we can
visit though....

Cheerio,

Duq

Dennis Bosman <dennisbosman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Hi Duq,

Long time nothing heard from you ... How is your Volvo doing? Does it • makes
progress? And: are you going to the Modelshow Europe as well? This year • the
show will be hold in Geldermalsen instead of Ochten. The location is • bigger
so there's room enough for 280 participants.

Dennis

In lugnet.modelteam, Ronald Vallenduuk writes:
I've always felt that Volvo make a very handsome truck, especially • their
modern bonneted vehicles, but this 8x4/4 just doesn't appeal. I think
Scania's T-cab is much better looking and makes a brilliant heavy • haulage
tractor, but that's just my opinion (and Dennis made a great one).
Personally I've nothing with Scania, and with the number of Scania's • Dennis
built I was looking for something else. Being a Volvo owner myself (no T5
I'm afraid) I chose Volvo. I told Dennis about the truck I found, and he
liked my choice so much he's decided to build one himself. He mentioned • this
in a posting here which in turn got Jan Tore Skalvik into building one
too.....
If it hadn't been for the research I'd already done I'd pick another • truck
now....

Volvo's T5 estate car was also seriously cool. Really powerful, so much • so
it became a race car. It looked much better than the current range.
Don't agree. I really like the look of the new V70. Forget about the • S40/S40
though, they look like Mitsubishi/Toyota/any other Jap.
They just released a new V70 T5 by the way......

I'd like to see more Mercede's heavy haulers, either Actros's or the • one
that came before which I feel is a classic.
True, that sure is a classic. Maybe next time... (although to be honest I
think the next will be a DAF...)

Being British I also have a big loyalty to Scammell. I'm a particular • fan
of
both the S24(bonneted) and 26(cabover) models.
Must admit I've never heard of them. Do Scammells live in Ireland too?

Fauns are great two!
Yep.

The Lego truck world is really interesting and I'll be really • interested
see more finished models.
So what's your next model going to be?