 Model Team / 383
Re: Volvo NH12 8x4/4 in scale 1:13
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 11:21:16 GMT

I both like the Volvo NH and the Scania T4. As you've mentioned I already
built a T144G Scania tipper truck. It was quite easy to build, because I
already designed a R144 Scania. Just replaced the cab and add a hood. It's
quite simple!

The same concerns the NH. The cab is taken from the FH. I have a FH at the
moment (8x4/4 conf.) so just have to add a hood (like the T4).

In lugnet.modelteam, Steve Lane writes:
I've always felt that Volvo make a very handsome truck, especially their
modern bonneted vehicles, but this 8x4/4 just doesn't appeal. I think
Scania's T-cab is much better looking and makes a brilliant heavy haulage
tractor, but that's just my opinion (and Dennis made a great one). Volvo's
T5 estate car was also seriously cool. Really powerful, so much so it became
a race car. It looked much better than the current range.

I'd like to see more Mercede's heavy haulers, either Actros's or the one
that came before which I feel is a classic.

The Actros is a very nice truck. Especially with a heavy load. Have some
plans to build a 3353 S of Mammoet Van Seumeren:
http://www.geocities.com/dennisbosman4/proj-en.html#3353
But I have so many ideas, I can't fulfill them all. Because it's a long time
ago I build a DAF, I'm now building a 95XF 8x4 with ballasttrailer.

Being British I also have a big loyalty to Scammell. I'm a particular fan of
both the S24(bonneted) and 26(cabover) models.

Those Scammels are massive. E.g. the Super Contractor, wow. Old but huge!
Bought an English photobook a few weeks ago (Heavy loads by David Lee). 95%
of the vehicles in this book are British. I like them very much. Those
vehicles put more heavy loads onto their trailer than on the continent.

Fauns are great two!

I totally agree.

The Lego truck world is really interesting and I'll be really interested to
see more finished models.

Well, we'll work on it! Just have some patience!

Steve (who is large vehicle mad :-)

I've never guessed ...