 Model Team / 386
Re: Volvo NH12 8x4/4 in scale 1:13
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 19:23:36 GMT

In lugnet.modelteam, Dennis Bosman writes:

The Actros is a very nice truck. Especially with a heavy load. Have some
plans to build a 3353 S of Mammoet Van Seumeren:
http://www.geocities.com/dennisbosman4/proj-en.html#3353
But I have so many ideas, I can't fulfill them all. Because it's a long time
ago I build a DAF, I'm now building a 95XF 8x4 with ballasttrailer.

I've managed to stop adding projects to my schedule, I have four started but
none finished although my trucks coming on quite well.

Being British I also have a big loyalty to Scammell. I'm a particular fan of
both the S24(bonneted) and 26(cabover) models.

Those Scammels are massive. E.g. the Super Contractor, wow. Old but huge!
Bought an English photobook a few weeks ago (Heavy loads by David Lee). 95%
of the vehicles in this book are British. I like them very much. Those
vehicles put more heavy loads onto their trailer than on the continent.

I have a copy of david lee's 'Heavy haulage and abnormal loads' volume 3.
it's a really good book, I'd reccomend it.

Steve