 Model Team / 487
Re: '57 Chevy (ISCC entry)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 01:53:49 GMT

Hi

I finally found something to improve on it :)  In just about every picture I've
ever seen of a '57 Bel Air, the grill is yellow/gold, which adds some nice
color and uniqueness to the car.

Huh? The models on the reference pictures I downloaded from the internet
(approx. 40) and the 2 Chevys I saw for real didn't have a yellow/gold grille.
But I might consider doing it in "chrome" if anyone gives me 48 of the 1x2
chrome grille pieces :-)
(Actually 40 would be sufficient, I just got the 4980 set which had a
whopping 7 of them!)

Also, the cones in the bumper have rubber
tips...perhaps a black 1x1 round plate would do the trick?
Guess what, I had already tried that. At first I had used the old cones
without the hole at the top. The I noticed that the real Chevy had those
rubber tips and I added the black 1x1 rond plate. But then the cone looked
too long to me (even now without the 1x1 it's a bit too long), so I used the
newer cones with a hole at the top. The rubber is now kind of represented by
... errr ...a "black hole".
Maybe If I had the 6039 octagonal cones (which aren't quite as high as the
ones I used), I would have tried those instead (with the 1x1 black round
plate on top) to see how it would look.

O.K. enough of this cone stuff ... any more of it and I might become a
conehead ... :-)

Thanx for the tip anyway, every idea for improvement is always welcome ...

Andreas