 Model Team / 490
RE: '57 Chevy (ISCC entry)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 06:29:41 GMT

El Caracho writes:
I finally found something to improve on it :)  In just about every
picture I've ever seen of a '57 Bel Air, the grill is yellow/gold,
which adds some nice color and uniqueness to the car.

Huh? The models on the reference pictures I downloaded from
the internet (approx. 40) and the 2 Chevys I saw for real
didn't have a yellow/gold grille.

Hmm, maybe I should have looked at some more pictures before making such
a broad statement.  Anyway, some Bel Air convertibles *do* have a yellow
or goldish grill.  You may want to try and see how it looks?  Gold
chrome tiles would be quite a bit harder to gather than regular chrome,
however :(

Maybe If I had the 6039 octagonal cones (which aren't quite as
high as the ones I used), I would have tried those instead (with
the 1x1 black round plate on top) to see how it would look.

What about a Cylinder 2 x 2 with Dome Top
(http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=553)?
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
bram@cwru.edu