 Model Team / 484
Re: '57 Chevy (ISCC entry)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 07:12:55 GMT

Hi Andreas,

Nice job! How did you build this model? Just from pictures or maybe with a
scale model as a reference?

Now I saw this Chevy I really would like to build a similar model. One of my
favorates is a '65 Corvette Stingray. I think black would be a nice color.
For me it's unussual to build a car but who bothers anyway ...

Dennis

In lugnet.build.contests, Andreas Engel writes:
Hi @ll,

I build a '57 Chevrolet Bel Air as my entry for the 1st International System
Creativity Contest at 1000steine.de

http://www.1000steine.de/themen/bauwettbewerb/070/070e.htm

Ever since I was a child I wanted to build a cool shark fin car from the
fifties. Now I've finally done it.
A lot of red bricks from several 2556 sets and shop@home bulk orders
went into this project. One of the hardest things was to attach the
windshield, but despite several problems in the beginning, I didn't give up
because I definitely liked my idea of a "real" windschield.

Of course such a car wouldn't be complete without a pair of "fuzzy dice" :-)
Well .. not quite so fuzzy in this case ... more sort of a "bricky dice" ...

More pictures will follow after the contest has ended.

Kind regards,

Andreas aka "El Caracho"

Be sure to visit my homepage
www.el-caracho.de