 Model Team / 480
Re: '57 Chevy (ISCC entry)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 22:53:08 GMT

Totally agree about the sander pic! (And the great model of course...)
Where did the headlight glasses come from?

Duq

Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
news:GpF4tn.290@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.build.contests, Andreas Engel writes:
Hi @ll,

I build a '57 Chevrolet Bel Air as my entry for the 1st International • System
Creativity Contest at 1000steine.de

http://www.1000steine.de/themen/bauwettbewerb/070/070e.htm

Ever since I was a child I wanted to build a cool shark fin car from the
fifties. Now I've finally done it.
A lot of red bricks from several 2556 sets and shop@home bulk orders
went into this project. One of the hardest things was to attach the
windshield, but despite several problems in the beginning, I didn't give • up
because I definitely liked my idea of a "real" windschield.

Of course such a car wouldn't be complete without a pair of "fuzzy dice" • :-)
Well .. not quite so fuzzy in this case ... more sort of a "bricky dice" • ...

More pictures will follow after the contest has ended.

Wow! I think my favorite shot is the bondo'ed hood with the power sander
resting on it.

I do not think I've EVER seen the same model in "before and after" state
before. THAT was creative.

Also, this model is significantly different than the Chevy on the World of
LEGO(r) book cover...  (which is a much smaller scale, it's Miniland • scale,
not Model Team) I think I like it much better, actually, and that's not • just
because the larger scale lets you do more detail.

Bravo!