 Model Team / *22 (-20)
  Re: All black 5542

Totally ballsy. I'm impressed. That minigun is great! I want instructions! Dave Kevin Loch <kloch@opnsys.com> wrote in message news:FL4FB0.B3G@lugnet.com... (...) but (...) (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.publish, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: All black 5542

What I think is coolest about this is that the 5542 is really "correct minifig scale" rather than the usual tiny toy choppers the figs are stuck using... I may convert to 8 wide trains yet. (naaaa...) (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.publish, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: All black 5542

Dang, now I'm going to have to buy another 5542, and dig out my black train windows ;-) How about closeups of the minigun? Is the minifig holding it, or is it mounted? It looks neat, I'm trying to think up different ways to swivelmount it with what (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.publish, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: All black 5542

(...) Oh, man... Kevin, you have a twisted imagination, and I applaud you for it! This is one of the most fantastic LEGO scenes I've seen forever! Kudos! -Cheese (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.publish, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: All black 5542

(...) ROTF-LOL !!!!! 8-D The "google-eyed" professor as a terrorist ?!? A cop armed with a _CROSSBOW_ ?!?!? Another with a Pirate ship _CANNON_ ?!?!?! LMAO !!! 8-D Ow, ow, ow! My gut's hurting! Can't breathe! _LOVED_ the chopper's mini-gun! Franklin (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.publish, lugnet.modelteam)

  All black 5542

The first time I built the Model Team 5542 Black Thunder I substituted black bricks for all non black bricks in the set. It looked real nice, but it just sat on the shelf for a year. I just dusted it off and created a scene where it might fit in: (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.publish, lugnet.modelteam)

  RE: Question about MT Big 4x4

(...) I have the 5282 tires, and they're the same as the tires included in the Model Team 5561 (which I just purchased but haven't assembled yet). Is that the 4x4 set that you're referring to? (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Question about MT Big 4x4

Hi, I am in the process of building the uber-4x4 and need the larger tires found on this set. Does anyone know if the accessories set #5282 in the current S@H guide are the same as the Big Foot tires? A picture can be found here: <a href=(URL)</a> (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: How many

(...) There have been 15 Model Team sets released. There are two new sets for this year. All of the Model Team sets can be seen at: (URL) Model Team from the drop-down Themes menu. Grahame Reid (25 years ago, 23-Oct-99, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: How many

There are 16 sets according to the Pause database... (URL) this early hour, I could not think of any that are missing from the list. -- Have fun! John Auctions and Trading and More at my Lego site: (URL) & IG88888888 on AOL Jeffrey Baldwin wrote in (...) (25 years ago, 23-Oct-99, to lugnet.modelteam)

  How many

Hi all I'm new here this is my first post. How many Model team Sets are there. I just started collecting them and I,m up to eight. All of the ones I have are no longer in perduction. This is a grate web site. (25 years ago, 23-Oct-99, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Bram's Site updated: Model of the Month, Naboo Fighter, 2 airplanes, modified 8880

I've just updated my LEGO Site: (URL) the space/Star Wars buffs: The model of the month (based on your ratings) is the Colonial Viper. I've added an N-1 Starfighter (I actually buil this, too, but I had to use gray macaronis instead of yellow) For (...) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic, lugnet.publish, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Model Team-ish links

(...) Very nice collection, there aren't too many Model Team things all gathered together like that. By the way, if you are interested, I have one crummy photo of a Model Team jeep I made last year. It might not be enough to put on your page, but if (...) (25 years ago, 1-Oct-99, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Model Team-ish links

After nearly a year in hibernation I'm trying to get my website fixed up a bit. I don't have much in the way of new content to add yet so the first thing I did was update my links page, which focuses on Model Team type MOCs. I fixed a couple of dead (...) (25 years ago, 1-Oct-99, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: truck wheels: 5563 vs 5571

Maybe I over-reacted. I just hate to see a line of models get cheaper-looking and more expensive at the same time, at least that's the way it seemed to me when I first looked at the new catalog's Model Team pages. I've never seen a "two-axle (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: truck wheels: 5563 vs 5571

(...) Who said the 5571 isn't? Well, maybe not "dumb" but certainly annoying. One of the most realistic (looking) retail sets TLG has ever produced, other than the stupid wheels. Never have gone back to retro-fit mine, though I did pick up extra (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: truck wheels: 5563 vs 5571

Mike Poindexter wrote in message ... (...) (I don't like it either, but) it's actually very clever: it's a race truck, which doesn't need a dual rear axle. By choosing a race truck subject, the TLG designers could reduce the production costs of the (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: truck wheels: 5563 vs 5571

(...) John, How is it that the 5563 is dumb but not the 5571? The 5563 is based on a two axle cabover design. We have one sitting outside my office. The only problem is that the rear wheels should have 2 on each side. This same problem is present on (...) (25 years ago, 24-Sep-99, to lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: truck wheels: 5563 vs 5571

(...) I haven't bought it yet, but the wheels definitely appear to be the same. It actually doesn't look like the good deal that Model Team sets usually are. I mean look at the 5542 helicopter -- 483 pieces for $44, less than 10 cents per piece. The (...) (25 years ago, 20-Sep-99, to lugnet.modelteam)

  truck wheels: 5563 vs 5571

Has anybody got 5563, the "Diesel Rig" racing truck? What do you think about this set? Are the wheels in 5563 the same as in 5571, the black cat truck? Cheers, Hao-yang Wang (25 years ago, 20-Sep-99, to lugnet.modelteam)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact