 Model Team / 7
Re: truck wheels: 5563 vs 5571
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 20:07:12 GMT

In lugnet.modelteam, Mike Poindexter writes:

How is it that the 5563 is dumb but not the 5571?

Who said the 5571 isn't? Well, maybe not "dumb" but certainly annoying.
One of the most realistic (looking) retail sets TLG has ever produced,
other than the stupid wheels. Never have gone back to retro-fit mine,
though I did pick up extra wheels in an auction many moons back.

I, too, am disappointed with the pricing of recent MT sets (5561 was
close to $0.12 per piece too but I was hoping it was a one-time thing
after 5542 was so much cheaper - perhaps the lack of wheels had a
noticeable affect?) but I'm sure I'll get both of the new ones. Got
to be an anal completist in *some* line, after all. :-)

Doug