 Model Team / 6
Re: truck wheels: 5563 vs 5571
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 07:48:54 GMT

Mike Poindexter wrote in message ...
In lugnet.modelteam, John Cromer writes:

Plus the 5563 looks dumb.  Only 4 wheels!  What's happening to Model
Team!?

(I don't like it either, but) it's actually very clever: it's a race truck,
which doesn't need a dual rear axle. By choosing a race truck subject, the
TLG designers could reduce the production costs of the set (tires are very
expensive elements) without violating the likeness to the real thing.

Eric