 Model Team / 8
Re: truck wheels: 5563 vs 5571
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 16:59:17 GMT

Maybe I over-reacted.  I just hate to see a line of models get
cheaper-looking and more expensive at the same time, at least that's
the way it seemed to me when I first looked at the new catalog's
Model Team pages.  I've never seen a "two-axle cabover" big rig, so,
now that my experience is being expanded I might not think it looks
so dumb.  It just seemed that Model Team was becoming juniorized and
more expensive all at once.  I'm used to a new Model Team model every
year that costs less than 10 cents per piece.  Spoiled, I reckon.

I remember when the 5571 first came out.  People on RTL complained
and complained about the lack of wheels on the back.  There was a
poll taken, by Jeff Thompson, I think.  The results were as usual --
we hated it but would buy it anyway.  The 5571 had a terrific
price/piece even at full retail and was even better when ZB put it on
sale.

I kind of like the new dragster if for no other reason than getting
some more 8880-style wheels but it seems wildly overpriced.  $50 for
300+ parts?  Ok -- not as wildly overpriced as Town Jr., but still ....

as evah,

John C.