 MediaWatch / 521 (-10)
  Lego spotted in Sally Forth

I was just starting the day off right by reading the comics :) and noticed a reference to Lego. In today's (2-15-02) Sally Forth, Sally and her daughter Hilary are talking: Sally: If you need help on school projects, let your dad know. Hilary: I'm (...) (23 years ago, 15-Feb-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO-Galidor Perspective In L.A. Times Article

(...) No, I think you'll find I quoted Cris, and said so, but I neglected to deleted the part of Cris's posting with your name on it (possibly in the same way that you accidentally deleted the bit at the beginning of my post which said "In (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Mirroring Evil: Nazi Imagery/Recent Art (Lego Concentration Camp)

'Titled "Mirroring Evil: Nazi Imagery/Recent Art," the show includes such works as a "Lego Concentration Camp Set";' For the entire article go to: (URL) told a national convention of Conservative rabbis, cantors and congregational leaders at the (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO-Galidor Perspective In L.A. Times Article

(...) first of all, i didnt write what you quote me saying, i believe that was cris, but i agree with him. (...) you cant, it sucks. which is why i dont buy that crap. (...) our point exactly! (...) and there you have it, "SOME". (...) yes it is, (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO-Galidor Perspective In L.A. Times Article

(...) When you're tired of the Jack Stone stuff, you pull it apart and build something else from it.... you probably combine some of your system stuff, because there aren't that many pieces in the smaller JS sets. The JS sets contain some good (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO-Galidor Perspective In L.A. Times Article

(...) I tell you what would be my worst fear, (apart from the entire company coming to pieces...no pun intended) - that these darned Galidork sets (you should trade mark that one, Tim!), along with Jack Stone, Software and all the other (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: New line of Material?

(...) I know that when I was looking seriously at the Primo sections of the catalog back when Hazel was born (1998), they (LEGO) were making a big deal about their use of silicone rubber (IIRC) instead of PVC. (Even, ironically, in most dangerous (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  New line of Material?

The following article was found here: (URL) Safe to Melt in the Mouth? Mattel joins Nike, General Motors Corp., Ikea and Lego Systems in announcing plans to phase out the use of PVC (polyvinyl chloride) from consumer products. Mattel aims at (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Goodbye Lego, hello Megablocks

Oh don't think it is that drastic. I think maybe some of us are getting higher expectations. The kids I see in the shops are ga ga's about some of the stuff. The Bionicles sell quite well for a start and young boys seem to love them (as well as (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO-Galidor Perspective In L.A. Times Article

(...) you know whats sad and my worst fear, is later in the year when these products arent making LEGO any money, the bricks are going to be sold for more to pay for the losses. i criticized LEGO before, and figured it was wrong, who am i to (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact