 MediaWatch / 256 (-20)
  Re: Bionicle (and Jack Stone) sponsor commercial-lite broadcat of Samurai Jack

(...) For more fun, pick up the September ish of ToyFare...there is a Samurai Jack CD-ROM filled with flash animations, goodies and toys and a long theatrical trailer. It's way cool. Matt (23 years ago, 11-Aug-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Bionicle (and Jack Stone) sponsor commercial-lite broadcat of Samurai Jack

Imagine how my delight was amplified when, while I came across a great new show on Cartoon Network called Samurai Jack, ads for Bionicle ran _after_ the show. Lego had sponsored the whole show! (The villain, Aku, is an evil shape-shifting wizard. (...) (23 years ago, 11-Aug-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Teens build LEGO machines

Here's a short piece about the 'Conexiones' youth technology program at Arizona State University -Suz ---...--- Technology connection Immigrants' children benefit from ASU program Barbara Yost The Arizona Republic Aug. 10, 2001 "Eduardo Reyes was (...) (23 years ago, 10-Aug-01, to lugnet.edu, lugnet.dacta, lugnet.mediawatch)

  (canceled)

  Re: NCE - Debate - and this is the last of it, I'm sure.

(...) Thanks for taking the lead on this... Strangely enough, the two "sides" presented aren't all that different. The pro Meccano guy is just saying that something practical that gives experience is good without giving any strong reason why it (...) (23 years ago, 9-Aug-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.technic)

  NCE - Debate - and this is the last of it, I'm sure.

Dear all The debate article has been published! I'm not at work this week but James Stacey has helpfully scanned it and it can be seen at www.minifig.co.uk/nce.htm Thanks for all your help. Psi (23 years ago, 9-Aug-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.technic)

  Postage Stamp

Well, I guess it's sort of media - didn't know where else to put it. On this page (I'm not affiliated with the store) (URL) a picture and note about a postage stamp showing Lego, issued in Denmark in 1989. Does anyone have one of these stamps? It (...) (23 years ago, 9-Aug-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Guess What....

(...) Aha! I got the interview request, too... and I hardly post here! So now I know how and why I was contacted, and here I was thinking the Washington Post had bugged my apartment. I'm expecting a call later today. Should be interesting...! (23 years ago, 8-Aug-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Guess What....

Me here at STF is getting interviewed tommorrow! Kick booty, I mena I never (...) (23 years ago, 8-Aug-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Guess What....

Matt, I appreciate your pointing her in my direction, I am a bit flattered that you did so, Many thanks!!! Although, I am not the originator of the Community project. So I really can't take credit there. Actually, she got a hold of me and will be (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Guess What....

I've been interviewed too!!! (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Guess What....

So it looks like i am not the only one :) -- Michael Edwards Lugnet Member #151 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Bionicle Island (URL) shop - Edwards Parts (URL) Magazines from the Past and Present (URL) of the (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Guess What....

(...) I got an E-mail from Khrissa Williams asking me to do an intereview for the post too! (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Guess What....

(...) That was fun! I just got off the phone with the Post reporter. I think this might turn into a neat article. Hey Todd! I gave her your e-mail address so you could talk to her about the community project...I also want to talk to you about it. (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Guess What....

(...) Cool...I'm waiting for the reporter from the Post to call me back right now myself. She requested the interview via e-mail about 10 minutes ago...perhaps she is speaking to another of our number right now. Isn't this neat? Congrats on the (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Guess What....

Right i thought i better let you lot know... i can't keep it under wraps Since i have heard that my Bionicle Website has become very popular in the US and even though i am in the UK :) and its proven be a success for me and to you fellow collectors. (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: VLC on Global News....

(...) There was a crew from CTV (channel 8, cable 11), and then later, a crew from Global (channel 10, cable 13). Unfortunately, I missed all the stories. If David got it on tape, maybe we can get copies. Conversely, do you think we could get copies (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Lego on TLC's "Planet Plastic"

(...) Okay, they did have a short segment on Lego. :) They showed some injection molding, and lots of shots of kids playing with bricks. :) It was pretty cool, and they mentioned that kids and adults liked the bricks, but they called them "Legos". (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: VLC on Global News....

The segment was about three to four minutes long, and had an interview with someone (Alexandria I think, though I'm not good with remembering names, I had to laugh at her little minifig line). They had lots of closeups of various displays, mostly of (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: VLC on Global News....

(...) I'm definitely considering, I really want to join, my folks are kind of iffy about it though, Are there any other members under 15? I'll get them to watch it tonight, I need to know when it comes on though. -Geordan- (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact