 MediaWatch / 243
Re: Guess What....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 20:54:12 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Matthew Gerber writes:
In lugnet.mediawatch, Michael Edwards writes:
Right i thought i better let you lot know... i can't keep it under wraps

Since i have heard that my Bionicle Website has become very popular in the
US and even though i am in the UK :) and its proven be a success for me and
to you fellow collectors.

Spoiler is to follow........

Bionicle Island has been interviewed by "The Washington Post" (USA) - i have
been interviewed for 40 minutes with them

They spoke to me about the Bionicle line, the masks, ccg cards, other items
and my website YEY :-) I AM SOOOOOOOO HAPPY :-)
I Can't say what i said to them as its for the prints very soon.

WOW.. Right i need to go for a Pint of Beer to settle me down now :)

Cool...I'm waiting for the reporter from the Post to call me back right now
myself. She requested the interview via e-mail about 10 minutes
ago...perhaps she is speaking to another of our number right now. Isn't this
neat?

Congrats on the web-site mention, Michael. I hope you rack up lots more hits
from it. I only wish that I had cleaned up my font site now...I've been
ignoring it for far to long. Maybe I'll get my Mata Nui font mentioned too.

That was fun! I just got off the phone with the Post reporter. I think this
might turn into a neat article.

Hey Todd! I gave her your e-mail address so you could talk to her about the
community project...I also want to talk to you about it. I'll drop you an
e-mail soonest.

The Post article is slated to run in the Sunday issue in two weeks (so not
this coming Sunday, but the following). I hope I can pick up a copy here in
California.

Matt