 MediaWatch / 1931 (-20)
  Re: Lego to retire the brick?

(...) accessible 5 years ago. Where's this writer spent the last quarter century? Besides, isn't the current line from the Billund mothership "back to the core business"? But who knows what things will look like in 7 years. Steve (19 years ago, 23-Sep-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego to retire the brick?

(...) could do. On the other hand: Imagine. Go back three years in time. now you find an article somewhere telling that Lego is planning to change core colours and plans to kill grey and dark grey off the palette as the first colours that are no (...) (19 years ago, 23-Sep-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  BrickJournal International....

It's in (URL) Russian!> Well, part of it anyways:-) Many thanks to Alexander Horoshilov, who runs a Russian AFOL site: (URL) Doublebrick.ru> Joe Meno Editor/Publisher, BrickJournal (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: Lego to retire the brick?

(...) (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego to retire the brick?

(...) The author is making his point and damned if he's going to let the truth stand in his way. My suspicion is this: Lego say they will close production of bricks in Europe in seven years, concentrate on games and change the direction of the brick (...) (19 years ago, 21-Sep-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego to retire the brick?

(...) with a grain of salt. The statements about Kodak's market-power seem somewhat overstated and out of touch with reality. Consider this recent article as a counterpoint to claims that Kodak is leading a highly competitive market: (URL) a direct (...) (19 years ago, 21-Sep-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Lego to retire the brick?

Yow. I saw this on Eurobricks: (URL) (19 years ago, 21-Sep-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGO on SlashDot: Lego Welcomes Hack Of Their Design Program

(URL) the slashdot'ing begin ;) Ray (19 years ago, 16-Sep-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LDD "hackers" made CNET

(...) Excellent question. We did get 2 rounds of answers but they weren't very "meaty". (...) I think as the article said, LEGO are constrained as to what they can say officially/publicly. But unofficially we're getting lots of winks, nods, thumbs (...) (19 years ago, 15-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: LDD "hackers" made CNET

(...) Why isn't TLG giving this sort of feedback though the (URL) forum> it set up specifically for that? LEGO Factory has been out for three weeks, and the TLG reps have yet to provide any answers (other than "LDD will be improved in the future"). (...) (19 years ago, 15-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  LDD "hackers" made CNET

(URL) For those of you following the efforts of LDD users in streamlining the bag use in LDD, CNET published a cool article about it, and LEGO's reaction to their work. Quoted are Dan Malec, Larry Pieniazek, and Jake McKee (among others). I find it (...) (19 years ago, 15-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  LDD story on Metropolismag.com

Metropolismag.com has an interesting LDD story: (URL) Among other things, it says that the beta version of LDD has been downloaded 700,000 times (not sure exactly what they mean by "beta" since it's been available for a while), and almostl 32,000 (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Disturbing Mega hit on Amazon for Lego Vikings

(...) Let's be careful with the "theft" word, shall we? It's borderline libel, after all, and one might likewise be tempted to suggest that LEGO purloined the whole Vikings idea from Mega Bloks, which released the 9604 Viking Ship way back in 1995. (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Disturbing Mega hit on Amazon for Lego Vikings

Just did a search on Amazon for Lego Viking and got this result as the number one return above ALL of the Lego sets: ------ Results for Lego Viking Customers who searched for Lego Viking ultimately chose: 1. Mega Bloks Pyrates Dread Eye's Phantom (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Newspaper article about Lego Factory Contest winner in the Tennessean

This article was in the Tennessean paper on Thursday, September 8th. It is in the section D "Living" of the paper. I scanned the article and uploaded it to Brickshelf.com. Here is the link: (URL) 718 (19 years ago, 11-Sep-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.tn)

  Re: People getting uppity about "legos"

(...) So, I had to try it. Jeepers, you get redirected in 10 seconds. The only thing that made me sad was that the message wasn't signed by Susan Williams like the old announcement in the catalogues :( (19 years ago, 10-Sep-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  People getting uppity about "legos"

(URL) one's a chuckle. The "LEGO brand speech" on "www.legos.com" makes perfect sense to me, but I guess some people don't have enough to complain about. - Kelly (19 years ago, 7-Sep-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGO press releases: European production adjustments

TLG released a couple of press releases today. One indicates that several European facilities will be closed, and a lot of the function will go to a Czech facility. Switzerland, in particular, will lose a few hundred jobs, including some machine (...) (19 years ago, 31-Aug-05, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  More Little Artists

Hi all, Since I've been a little addicted to the little artists lately, I've founf another link with a bunch of pictures of their recreations of famous modern art pieces out of our favourite toy. (URL) on the links to see pictures of varius famous (...) (19 years ago, 25-Aug-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general)

  "For Lego, an Online Lifeline?"

Taken from: (URL) For Lego, an Online Lifeline? The building-block maker has had some rough times as toys go digital, but its new Lego Factory Web site may help it reconnect with kids When he was a three-year-old boy, Neal McClatchey's father (...) (19 years ago, 24-Aug-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact