 MediaWatch / 1927
Re: Lego to retire the brick?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Wed, 21 Sep 2005 17:16:30 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
Yow.  I saw this on Eurobricks:

http://www.ameinfo.com/65664.html

While if true this is scary, I give that article about a 1/10 for believability.
The author is making his point and damned if he's going to let the truth stand
in his way. My suspicion is this: Lego say they will close production of bricks
in Europe in seven years, concentrate on games and change the direction of the
brick business. We (and the rest of the world) know all of this and see it as a
company restructuring, he however sees this, decides it can be made to fit his
idea and suddenly those three points become "Lego will give up on bricks in
seven years".

I'm not going to be too worried yet. Wait and see if the information here
spreads. I'm sure we'll see more articles based on this guys 'premise'.

Tim (who distrusts the media and distrusts marketing people even more)