 MediaWatch / 1461 (-20)
  LEGO Mindstorms & the Googlunaplex

(URL) Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr> (URL) key fingerprint = 2767 CA3C 5680 58BA 9A91 23D9 BED6 9A7A AF9E 68B4 Please always send email as plain text. Email sent as HTML will be filtered and read later, or may get lost in spam. (20 years ago, 1-Apr-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  TexLUG Article in San Antonio Express

Ok, it's in section 'F', but hey, it's still cool! (URL) (At least I think it's cool, cause, I mean, c'mon, my MOC is on the front page!) Three pictures, the entire article, are in the (URL) gallery>. There's supposed to be another one sometime this (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX) !

  Busted By A LEGO Web Camera

(URL) 30, 2004 By Tracy Vedder BOTHELL - David and Nathan Sundquist just knew there was something wrong with their computers. "I had seen some stuff popping up on the computer that was weird," said David. They suspected someone was continually (...) (21 years ago, 31-Mar-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Jakes book made it to Slashdot.com

(...) ^^^...^^^ Yeah, that was me. :) (21 years ago, 28-Mar-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Jakes book made it to Slashdot.com

Jakes book made it to Slashdot.com and BIP suffered the /. effect. Interesting comments though Lugnet and Bricklink got mentioned. (URL) computer geeks play with Lego...Hmmm Go figure. Mike "I have embraced my geekness like a warm blanket" (21 years ago, 26-Mar-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  credit union magazine uses LEGO master-building to inspire

A friend saved this for me. I like the whole article. (URL) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: "Mature images Legoland builder's inside joke"

(...) Wow! That is very interesting. Thanks for sharing! Erik Bush (21 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Press release: job cuts etc.

(...) But we Do have town back! World city is the new town. While it may not be quite the same as what we had as kids, it is town nontheless. Police, Fire, and trains all fit into that catagory. I doubt we will see the other things related to town (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general) !

  "Mature images Legoland builder's inside joke"

I just saw this on Fark.com (URL) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

"Andy Evans" <evansar@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HuoBqr.15oL@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) is (...) also (...) much (...) etc). (...) distraction. (...) main (...) Perhaps (...) It's been a few years since I worked in a toy shop last, so things (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Press release: job cuts etc.

(...) Well they do carry many things that regular retail stores don't carry. Like Track, Legends, and MOC series. Also they seem to get new products before the regular retail stores. (Like I picked up an X-pod this weekend, but last night I was at (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: Press release: job cuts etc.

(...) I think there's another point that is clear if you read between the lines. I suspect that the vast majority of TLC's revenue comes from sales to retail outlets (TRU, Walmart, Target, etc.). It would appear that retail channel is not making (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Press release: job cuts etc.

(...) That would be nice. The phrase I find worrisome is this one: "Later in the year the LEGO Company will be evaluating the role out strategy of the company’s own brand retail stores." I'm hoping these stores do well, because I like shopping (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Press release: job cuts etc.

Hi, New press release: (URL) at bullet 5: It seems there will be another balance between TLC's own products and the licenced prodocts - maybe we could get town back as a line of its own?!? Arne, Copenhagen (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Risque at Legoland

The following is a San Diego Union-Tribune Article that I didn't see posted, and I thought that all of us might get a kick out of: (URL) ---...--- "Are you still wasting your time with spam?... There is a solution!" Protected by GIANT Company's Spam (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Backdrop on Comedy Central

On Friday night (3/12) Comedy Central showcased the comic stylings of Tom Cotter. The stage was sparsely appointed, but the main backdrop was Cotter's name spelled out in six-foot-tall letters built with large LEGO-style bricks. No reference in his (...) (21 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Modularity of LEGO (was Re: LEGOs (sic) make an appearance at ExtremeTech

(...) If only programming was as easy as building with Lego :-). Steve (21 years ago, 12-Mar-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Modularity of LEGO (was Re: LEGOs (sic) make an appearance at ExtremeTech

(...) (snip) (...) It's a pet peeve of mine to insist that the analogy of modular programs to LEGO parts is overrated and underrated at the same time. Every so often this analogy pops up in tech articles on modular software engineering, without (...) (21 years ago, 12-Mar-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.build, FTX)

  LEGOs (sic) make an appearance at ExtremeTech

I was just reading a new article at (URL) (article url: (URL) ) about modularity of computer components, how things should be easier to assemble yourself, etc. Article uses Lego as the example of modularity (a good analogy, I think). But, the thing (...) (21 years ago, 11-Mar-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Color Change tread on LEGO club message board

Hello all, On TLC's official site, there is an interesting tread about the color change, on the Message Board of The LEGO Club: (URL) kids that are responding don't seem to feel very positive about the color change. With friendly greetings, M. (...) (21 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact