 MediaWatch / 1449
Re: Press release: job cuts etc.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 12:29:43 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Arne Lykke Nielsen wrote:
Hi,

New press release:

http://www.lego.com/eng/info/default.asp?page=pressdetail&contentid=4805&countrycode=2057&yearcode=&archive=false

Look at bullet 5: It seems there will be another balance between TLC's own
products and the licenced prodocts - maybe we could get town back as a line of
its own?!?

That would be nice.

The phrase I find worrisome is this one:

"Later in the year the LEGO Company will be evaluating the role out strategy of
the company’s own brand retail stores."

I'm hoping these stores do well, because I like shopping there, but I think they
may have a small problem. They sell their stuff at MSRP, so they get undercut by
discounters, but if they were to sell below MSRP, they might be causing "channel
friction".

So I'll be curious to see what the evaluation results in. More rollouts faster,
or less?