 MediaWatch / 1431 (-20)
  IEEE: Lego's Kierstein on "New Era" in 2005

This month's IEEE Spectrum, "Dream Jobs 2004" interviews Lau Kofoed Kierstein who designs electronics for Lego and *plays with toys*. Spectrum says Kierstein is technical lead "on a project of great strategic importance.. it will be a new era for (...) (21 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Not just another Mega Bloks vs. Lego article

(...) ...snip... (...) Wow! I had no idea those were the numbers in the preschool block market. Kevin (21 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.quatro, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: FHM Indonesia (Februari 2004)

(...) FYI, Henry, not everyone considers a Speedo and a top hat "fully clothed". @8^o -brendan (21 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  FHM Indonesia (Februari 2004)

I'm in this month's issue of the Indonesian edition of FHM (For Him Magazine). Page 24. And yes, I'm fully clothed... -Henry (21 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Not just another Mega Bloks vs. Lego article

FUT: lgunet.mediawatch One person could create an account like "lugnet" with a password of "lugnet" and then post that they had done so here. This would enable everyone from Lugnet to sign-in with the same UN/PW. "Jeff Barnas" <jmbarnas@yahoo.com> (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.quatro, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Not just another Mega Bloks vs. Lego article

Article originally posted www.kansascity.com of the Kansas City Star: BLOCK PARTY Lego will join Canada's Mega Bloks in offering toddlers oversize bricks By JOSEPH PEREIRA and CHRISTOPHER J. CHIPELLO The Wall Street Journal The building-block wars (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.quatro, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Not just another Mega Bloks vs. Lego article

(...) How about someone just paste the text in here? Giving credit to the original website please.... -AHui A&M LWorks (URL) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.quatro, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Not just another Mega Bloks vs. Lego article

(...) DO YOU HAVE TO CREATE AN ACCOUNT? IF YOU DO CAN ANYONE COPY THE ARTICLE AND EMAIL IT TO ME PLEASE? - JEFF (21 years ago, 19-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.quatro, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Not just another Mega Bloks vs. Lego article

There are some really interesting tidbits about Lego and Mega Bloks in this article from the Kansas City Star (requires registration to view): (URL) there is a lot in here that is general knowledge, including a concise report on the falling numbers (...) (21 years ago, 19-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.quatro, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  BrickFest PDX featured in Wired News online

(URL) sort of had an idea we might get coverage) Great article, it hits the fun aspect of it very very well... (although a video of the ISD impact/explosion might have been nifty) I have much else to say about BrickFest PDX... I'm home and (...) (21 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.mediawatch) !

  Re: Some good news

(...) But, as we have come to expect, the marketing department of Lego is currently stuck in the event horizon of a black hole. Steve (21 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Some good news

(...) Yup, Clickits are a good thing. It is good to hear they are doing well sales-wise. In my opinion, however, the packaging for Clickits is LOUSY. The packaging for the competition, Ello, is far superior. And anyone with marketing knowledge knows (...) (21 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Some good news

Not earth shattering... but good news anyway: (URL) especially like the quote from Soren Torp Laursen (president, LEGO Americas): "CLIKITS is a perfect example of how we can develop the core LEGO brand value without stretching so far that consumers (...) (21 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Chronicle of a MasterBuilder Finalist....

Yep, there's always next time. Sounds like a fighter. Here's his BS-folder: (URL) Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) (remove SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Chronicle of a MasterBuilder Finalist....

This was the cover story for Sunday's Atlanta Journal Constitution. Hats off to Garrett Barati for getting as far as the finals! (URL) Ergo Lego" (21 years ago, 8-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lore on Lego vs. Legos

(...) Yes, that's a very well-grounded opinion. :) (21 years ago, 7-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lore on Lego vs. Legos

(...) Well, there are two things a play here... what people(1) *want* to do, and what companies *have* to do if they want to preserve their property. It is my opinion that The LEGO Company *has* to ask people to use the word "LEGO" as an adjective (...) (21 years ago, 7-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: Lore on Lego vs. Legos

(...) But "food" and "foods" are not interchangeable. "Foods" means different types of food. You can say "Some foods give me heartburn" meaning cheese and pastries, but not "Let me eat those foods" even if there's a whole buffet of different things (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGO pursues Mega Bloks via Quatro bricks: WSJ story

In today's (2/4/04) Wall Street Journal there is an interesting story claiming the LEGO Company has lost ground to MegaBloks in the pre-school/toddler space and shall attempt to regain market share via the new Quatro bricks. The story talks about (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGO Announces Ferrari partnership

The LEGO Company today announced a partnership with Ferrari and debuted a full size F1 car, a new Ferrari pit stop set, minifigs of Rubens Barichello and Michael Schumacher plus more. As both a Ferrari and a formula one fan, this is great news. The (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact