 MediaWatch / 1271 (-20)
  Article about "What Will You Make" events from Exhibitor magazine

Exhibitor magazine, a pretty good free trade magazine, has an article this month about Lego Systems Inc.'s "What Will You Make" events. Scans available at: (URL) (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Brick Testament article in Philadelphia Inquirer

There's a nice article based on an interview I did in today's (12/11/03) edition of the with the Philadelphia Inquirer. I haven't seen the printed version of the article yet (they've promised to send me some copies), but the text of the piece is on (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.books, lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi)

  NCLTC Christmas Layout on News14 Carolina

I have been somewhat lax in posting about the NCLTC holiday layout on display right now (through January 4th). I have prepared a Press Pack for our event and sent it out to the local media recently in hopes that we would generate some coverage of (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO supports the paranormal!

(...) Fortean Times has surprised me with another LEGO reference, this time a brief mention in a piece about items lost at sea. The article mentioned the bricks washed overboard a few years ago in the Atlantic. Not a huge reference, but there you (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGO In QST Magazine

Ok, so I'm not just a LEGO Geek, I'm also an Amateur Radio Geek. The November 2003 issue of QST magazine has a picture of a replica of one radio operator's "Ham Shack" built by his kids out of LEGO: (URL) They don't even mention the L-word, but that (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Simpsons 12-07-03

Hi all, I think that last night's Simpsons was new, at least I hadn't seen it. Anyhoo, Homer replaces Krusty and becomes a TV talk show host and minor celebrity. When the family is out to eat at a fancy restaurant, Chief Wiggum brings Ralph over to (...) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Brick Testament article in Baltimore Sun

(...) Well, I've never actually seen it on their store shelves, but Walmart.com definitely was carryng it. (URL) fact, without factoring in shipping, they were the online retailer selling it at the lowest price. -Rev. Smith PS. PowellsBooks.com (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Brick Testament article in Baltimore Sun

(...) Good to know, good to know. I don't know how much time I'll be spending in the Boston area with my parents having just moved up to Vermont, but I guess my parent's new house will still be significantly closer to a PAB store than I am now, here (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Brick Testament article in Baltimore Sun

(...) There are two of them: one at the Burlington Mall and one at the new Solomon Pond mall in Marlboro. I know you're originally from this area, hailing from my own home town. In fact you attended High School with my brother Andrew. Small (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Brick Testament article in Baltimore Sun

(...) WalMart ?? They won't carry Maxim in their stores, but your work is OK by them? Wahahaha. (sorry, the irony (which probably is completely lost on everyone in Bentonville AR) got to me!) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Brick Testament article in Baltimore Sun

(...) Is there a Pick-a-Brick in the Boston area now? (...) I realize that the Brick Testament website and especially the Genesis book have found a receptive audience among both non-believers and the devout. About once a week I am still getting (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Brick Testament article in Baltimore Sun

(...) My apologies to all those cows, but they perish for the greater good of selling my book to the masses. (...) Let's stick with the locomotives and cows, by all means. (...) ROOOOOOAAAR! (...) Thanks, I appreciate that. (...) It seems to be (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Brick Testament article in Baltimore Sun

(...) I recently met a man at the local Pick-a-Brick wall who was clearly looking at the bricks out of personal interest. We struck up a conversation and The Brick Testament came up. Turns out he is a youth minister. He said to me "It is so good to (...) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Brick Testament article in Baltimore Sun

(...) ROOOOOOAAAR! The locomotive of the Brick Testament continues to plow (catch?) many a cow from its path! Or snowball, or some equally good metaphor. But I do wonder how many of them catch the duality of the lessons. :) I'm glad to see it (...) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Brick Testament article in Baltimore Sun

This same article, "Building a colorful, accessible Bible, brick by Lego brick" seems to have picked picked up and run by a bunch of other newspapers over the next few days after it was first published, including: The Albany Times Union of Albany, (...) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Brick Testament article in Baltimore Sun

There was an article in last Sunday's Baltimore Sun about the Brick Testament book and website. It was the 30 Novemver 2003 issue, and the feature was titled "Building a colorful, accessible Bible, brick by Lego brick". There is a version of the (...) (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.books, lugnet.loc.us.md, lugnet.loc.us.md.bal, lugnet.loc.us.dc)

  Brick Testament feature article on Flak magazine website

There's a very nice feature article on The Brick Testament now online at Flak magazine's website: (URL) interview for it was conducted over a series of several long e-mails, and there's even a special photo I took just for the article. It's been (...) (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego commercial from 85 on Xentertainment's site

(...) That was soooooo cool! (21 years ago, 2-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Uh... LEGO? Donnie Darko? Wadda???

Disclaimer: the following post isn't very interesting, but then again, it may be. You've been warned! ***...*** Ok, so I've just finished watching the movie Donnie Darko. After a brief mind-boggling phase where I was thinking about all kind of weird (...) (21 years ago, 2-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Lego commercial from 85 on Xentertainment's site

This is from the X-entertainment site. The article is about the thanksgiving parade from 85. It's entertaining to watch all the clips, the He-Man part is pretty good/horrible, whichever you choose. Anyways, there's a Toys R Us commercial in there, (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact