 MediaWatch / 1259
Re: Brick Testament article in Baltimore Sun
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Sat, 6 Dec 2003 13:35:09 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Lindsay Frederick Braun wrote:
ROOOOOOAAAR!  The locomotive of the Brick Testament
continues to plow (catch?) many a cow from its path!
Or snowball, or some equally good metaphor.

But I do wonder how many of them catch the duality of
the lessons.  :)  I'm glad to see it getting so much
airtime...uh, column inches...or whatever; you've
created a MONSTER!

I recently met a man at the local Pick-a-Brick wall who was clearly looking at
the bricks out of personal interest.  We struck up a conversation and The Brick
Testament came up.  Turns out he is a youth minister.  He said to me "It is so
good to see someone who is able to combine his LEGO hobby with his faith."  He
was somewhat taken aback when I suggested that he should perhaps read between
the lines before he started using the BT in his youth ministry.  He certainly
hadn't noticed the subtleties.

In totally related questions, how's the book doing?

I bought a copy, so it's at least in the single digits...

Rev., great work as always!

- Chris.