 MediaWatch / 1268
Re: LEGO supports the paranormal!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 20:55:30 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Dave Schuler wrote:
Not sure if this quite qualifies for mediawatch, but the back cover of the
latest issue of Fortean Times is a full-page ad for LEGO, featuring the AT-AT,
Jabba's Palace, and Why Can't I Remember The Other One At The Moment?

Fortean Times also caters to certain fringe elements of the advertising world,
offering such paraphenalia as might get a 65-year-old comedian sentenced in
Pittsburgh, among other things.  So I was surprised to see a toy ad in such
close proximity to the usual line of male enhancements, female enhancements, and
the like.

Fortean Times has surprised me with another LEGO reference, this time a brief
mention in a piece about items lost at sea.  The article mentioned the bricks
washed overboard a few years ago in the Atlantic.

Not a huge reference, but there you have it.

Dave!