 MediaWatch / 1031 (-20)
  LEGO at Times Square - Make and Create

Just got back from New York City on a business trip and my wife and I saw a great LEGO display at the new Toys R Us in Times Square, Manhattan, NYC. I uploaded the pics to my brickshelf account: (URL) basically a huge Make & Create interactive (...) (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Bionicle move trailer (sort of)

(...) They've been slipping that in on a lot of animated/childrens' DVDs lately (Spirited Away, Spy Kids 2). Buena Vista (Disney owned) is supposed to be distributing the MoL movie, IIRC, but I haven't heard anything to suggest that Disney is (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Bionicle move trailer (sort of)

On Disney's Treasure Planet DVD, there is a trailer/ad for Lego's Bionicle movie coming out later this year direct to DVD. It wasn't anything special, no real video shots, just the sort of vague stuff that makes you wonder "Why was this even on?" (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGO on Will & Grace 45 Minute Episode

After his boyfriend dumped him Jack goes up to his ex's apartment and says he forgot his "LEGOS" there. After looking through some drawers Jack asks what his ex did with them and his ex gets them. After getting a yellow cicular bucket that makes (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego spotlighted on HGTV

(...) Thanks for the heads up. I taped it when it came on again a few hours later. Might have been about 5 minutes worth of LEGO coverage. I was surprised at how old the footage was (early to mid 60's). Thanks again. -Nick (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Lego spotlighted on HGTV

Lego products were spotlighted on Home and Garden TV Channel Sunday evening April 20, 2003 at 9PM eastern time. The name of the show: "The Toys We Grew Up With" The show included a short history of Lego products for the USA market (US introduction, (...) (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Explore bucket on Six Feet Under

In the scene when Rico calls his wife at home, there is a green Explore bucket on a chair in the corner. Julie (21 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  THQ Acquires GBA LEGO® License

April 9, 2003/ Gamers.com: News:   THQ Acquires GBA LEGO® License THQ announced today that it has signed an agreement with LEGO® which grants THQ the worldwide rights to develop and publish titles based on the LEGO universe, including Drome Racers (...) (21 years ago, 12-Apr-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  William Toenjes Featured in LEGO Press Release

Hi all, Browsing LEGO's Press Room, it appears LEGO was as impressed with the 1920s fire engine by William Toenjes as we all were: (URL) (22 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.town) !!

  Lego Ref in "That 70's Show"

In the episode that premiered on Wednesday, Eric has built a Space Command Center (set #493), which Jackie tripped on while sneaking into the Foreman's house. Later in the episode, Eric hands Jackie the LEGO box (which is in the old, 70's style box, (...) (22 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Legoland reference in Simpsons #306

(...) I seem to remember it's in reference to the T-Shirt Marge bought for Bart, which is made out of bricks. I liked the bit where Homer returns to the park in the evening to find it being taken apart and put back in the box... I always thought the (...) (22 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Legoland California

(...) Yup, here is the link. It has the date(s) and times it will be shown: (URL) Lands Embark on an exhilarating ride through a torrent of cutting-edge theme parks. From Universal Studios and Discovery Cove to Six Flags Fiesta and California's (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Brick Testament in Sonntag Aktuel and Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger

Apologies for not comming back to this any earlier. I had two troublesome weeks (flue, business trip and a HDD crash) and have to catch up with my work again. This is not forgotten, just delayed! If anyone wants to take over please let me know! (...) (22 years ago, 22-Mar-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Legoland California

Replying to own post...I was misinformed..it it march 28th at 8pm. (...) (22 years ago, 24-Mar-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Legoland California

Tonight at 8pm on the travel channel there is supposed to be something on legoland Ca. (22 years ago, 24-Mar-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Thank you LEGO!

(...) This would make a good story for Bricks Magazine. You ought to write up your own version with interviews of Conner. Truly it is wonderful not only to see what Lego as a company has done, but what the involvement of the brick can do for a (...) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Thank you LEGO!

(...) Thanks Bert, for sharing this story. And special thanks at the people from TLC - "the dinosaur" is moving at last towards its fans as we just learned in another top story at the German newsboard at 1000steine.... I am really convinced this is (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Legoland reference in Simpsons #306

(...) Episode CABF09 :) It's not on www.snpp.com so I can't link to it... /Tobbe (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Thank you LEGO!

Touching story. Good luck to the family. Terry (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Legoland reference in Simpsons #306

(...) There's also the episode where they go to "Blocko Land" and at some point during the episode they say (heavily paraphrased) "something something Legoland" "you mean Blockoland?" "yeah...right..." Adrian (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact