 MediaWatch / 1026
1025  |  1027
Subject:
Lego spotlighted on HGTV
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 02:23:33 GMT

Lego products were spotlighted on Home and Garden TV Channel Sunday evening
April 20, 2003 at 9PM eastern time.
The name of the show: "The Toys We Grew Up With"
The show included a short history of Lego products for the USA market (US
introduction, 1961) and the production process from plastic pellets to
finished brick, and packaging from the early 60's.
Also included were some original TV advertisements from the 1960's and 70's.
It was pretty cool.
I am going to try to obtain a tape or transcript of the show. It was
produced by Scripps and HGTV.
Did anyone else out there happen to watch it?

Steven Weiser