 Marketplace / Theory / 358
Re: FA(eBay): blue hoppers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 08:23:34 GMT

Prior to Busy Bee finding a stash of hoppers, this set mib went for $60 to $80
US. When this little hiccup in supply gets absorbed by rtlers, the price will
again creep back up to this level. So if you want one you had better make Larry
a decent offer.

Mark H.

Michael Hader wrote:

So you don't mind auctioning them off at 30, but you won't sell them for 30?

In lugnet.market.auction, Larry Pieniazek writes:

No. 30 is the price at which I keep them. There is hysteresis here. The
price I pay for one and the price I would sell one for differ.

In other words, if anyone has blue hoppers they don't want and want to
sell them to me, 30 is the very MOST I would pay (actually it is less)
(1). Further, I list them at 30 and if they go unsold that's fine.

If 30 is the most you will pay, bid 30 and you may well not get outbid.
If you don't want to participate in a formal auction, feel fee to make
me an offline offer which I may accept or reject based on a number of
factors. But at this point in time I doubt I would accept a straight
offer for 30.

(1) - for the purposes of example... I don't actually expect that there
is anyone out there who has these that wants to sell them to me at that
price.