 Marketplace / Auctions / 2705
Re: FA(eBay): blue hoppers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 15:54:18 GMT

But in fact you could have. All you had to do was call them. 104 hoppers
that I ordered and thought were to be allocated to me were sold to other
people by Paul with my awareness and approval.

You know what? there are deals all the time and sometimes if you snooze
you lose. .........

Oh, I realize this! I don't mind that you or someone else makes money on any
purchase. Anything that I can find cheap and do not want, I like to make a
few dollars to support my habit (and my son's growing habit). I also try to
notify people of sales, or offer to buy/sell/trade for costs when I can.

I just believe that there is a line of "greedy", and I may draw the line
sooner than most.

For someone so critical of e-bay sellers, you certainly have no room to
complain and leave neutral feedback. If someone outright lies about what
they are selling (saying something's rare), I have no problem with calling
them on it. I have frequently e-mailed the seller. However, if someone lists
something and does not lie or mislead, leaving feedback telling others where
to get it cheaper is, in my opinion, unethical.

Neither you with the hopper cars, or the person who is not revealing the
source of any item on e-bay, is doing anything "wrong". However, for you to
complain about them is a bit, in my opinion, wrong.

I hope you do make a good profit on the cars... Honest!

Eric