 Marketplace / Theory / 353
Re: FA(eBay): blue hoppers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 18:47:04 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Michael Hader writes:
I did assume that it was for the possibility that he could make more than 30.
However, he said that if I bid 30, I may well not get outbid, so I was
curious.

Fair question.

OK, to be explicit. At this time I am not accepting sales at 30 on a "first
come first served" basis, (that is what it would turn into). I am releasing
hoppers one or two at a time to the various venues. If and when they do not get
bid up over 30, at that point I would consider it. I doubt that will happen.

30 is my price point to walk up sellers. Below that price point (with no other
value offered (GMLTC members have offered me value that cannot be measured in
monetary terms, exactly, but which justified a discount in my eyes), I will
keep them for myself. Above that price point I will consider offers.

For an instant sale, offer 50.

That is above what they are going for now on average. That's typically what I
would expect for an instant sale or "buy out" price, to get more than one could
get at auction.

++Lar