 Marketplace / Theory / 2372
Re: $2,137.00
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 00:30:03 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Pedro Silva writes:

Actually, I'm sort of confused as to what exactly that "iron horse"
(ferroequus, whatever...) dude was doing - why did he successively outbid
himself?

Frank explained the mechanics, as for the motivation I speculate he was
trying to outbid the current high bidder but by just a little. That's a sign
of indecisiveness, inexperience, or possibly bid shielding.

Hope that helps.

FUT market.theory as it has to do with the whys and wherefores of bidding.