 Marketplace / Theory / 2375
Re: $2,137.00
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 13:26:27 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Benton Jackson writes:
Some people don't like "waiting until the last minute", calling it
"sniping". But I do it all the time, it keeps other people from emotionally
trying to top what I realistically consider a good price.

Too much stress. I just "bid and forget" most of the time... I just place my
bid & forget all about it. If I win, I get a little e-mail from ebay a few
days later.

Scott A

=+=
Have you inspected Arthur’s Seat yet?
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=scotta

"A reasonable man adapts himself to suit his environment. An unreasonable
man persists in attempting to adapt his environment to suit himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." (GBS)
=+=

In lugnet.lego.direct, William R. Ward writes:
"Pedro Silva" <el_gordo@netc.pt> writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Frank Filz writes:
If you look carefully, you will see that the higher bids are older, and
thus were "proxy" bids (where you bid what you really think you want to
pay for the item, then the system submits the lowest possible bid for
you, and then automatically ups your bid as people come along later and
attempt to outbid you). • [...]
Now I have upped my bid even when I do hold the high bid, when I decide
my current high bid isn't really the highest I'm willing to bid.

Most convenient, the whole system. Does it work as intended, never creating
any sort of issues?

It tends to drive up the final price, in my opinion.  I think it's
better to wait until the last minute (or in some cases, the last 10
seconds) of an auction before submitting your true highest bid...

--Bill.

XFUT: lugnet.market.theory