 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4389
Re: $2,137.00
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 01:08:53 GMT

"Pedro Silva" <el_gordo@netc.pt> writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Frank Filz writes:
If you look carefully, you will see that the higher bids are older, and
thus were "proxy" bids (where you bid what you really think you want to
pay for the item, then the system submits the lowest possible bid for
you, and then automatically ups your bid as people come along later and
attempt to outbid you). • [...]
Now I have upped my bid even when I do hold the high bid, when I decide
my current high bid isn't really the highest I'm willing to bid.

Most convenient, the whole system. Does it work as intended, never creating
any sort of issues?

It tends to drive up the final price, in my opinion.  I think it's
better to wait until the last minute (or in some cases, the last 10
seconds) of an auction before submitting your true highest bid...

--Bill.

XFUT: lugnet.market.theory