 Marketplace / Theory / 2136
Re: !!!Letter from The Lego Co.!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 17:58:15 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kevin Salm writes:
But perhaps you could reply with statements to
the effect that you are not a vendor, but a WHOLESALE CUSTOMER.
Then you can buy Lego products at wholesale cost (and pay after delivery) and
save a ton of money.  Lego MSRP in the USA used to be 40% then 38% now
shrinking to 35% markup for retailers (except perhaps the mega-stores) over
wholesale cost.  At a savings of 35% off retail you could start a secret >online store and make a ton of money.
__Kevin Salm__

  Why couldn’t Larry Pieniazek, Lindsay Frederick Braun, Kevin Salm and I
form a buying conglomerate in conjuncture with Lugnet as our medium. We all
spend enough money monthly on Lego to justify the start-up costs, and the
dividends could be high. (discounts on Lego and sales profit =  :p    )
Sure, we’d probably not use my premises due to locational conflict.
(cross-boarder tax and stuff) But somebody near or around Endfield could
hold the merchandise while we distribute… it could work!

We have a viable market niche, and for some reason if start–up costs are too
high then others can be recruited to distribute to expenses. I'm sure if we
enter into this venture, others would inevitably want in. Also, We could
finally be the direct supplier to Australia. I always here that they don’t
receive Shop @ Home products and certain sets; well… we could fill that
market as well!

   Why hasn’t this been done before?

                     Thinkin’ big,